LSD-Rumi

Death breaks the heart

6 posts in this topic

One of my kittens died today of flu and it broke my heart. I didn't expect that because I always thought that nonduality eliminates this from the equation but it turns out it change it into something different. 

I remembered all the good moments between us, her playfullness, her little cute voice calling me to get her food, the way she used to rub herself against my leg. I also imagined myself in her place suffering of disease and then dying slowly.

But on the other hand I reminded myself that it is all an illusion and this cat will now enjoy life in another form.

Death is paradoxical, it feels bad but very beautiful and touching at the same time.

Flourish in peace my dear kitten.

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

@LSD-Rumi I'm sorry for your loss❤ I know how painful it can be to lose a beloved pet. 

I don't know what you mean by 

18 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

But on the other hand I reminded myself that it is all an illusion

because it can be interpreted that you covered the death of your kitten with a story of "it's an illusion" so that it provides you with a reason not to mourn its death. You know what I mean? It's one thing to see reality to be an illusion, it's quite another thing to not see that and believe in a story of reality being illusion and then using that in order to avoid the pains of life. It's a type of spiritual bypassing. 

It is better to mourn an illusion than not to mourn a story.

Your situation reminded me of something Leo once talked about (I already put the timestamp in the link)

Maybe this also helps.

19 minutes ago, Tim R said:

I'm sorry for your loss❤ I know how painful it can be to lose a beloved pet. 

thanks 

20 minutes ago, Tim R said:

because it can be interpreted that you covered the death of your kitten with a story of "it's an illusion" so that it provides you with a reason not to mourn its death.

I just saw the situation from both perspectives, I think. I didn't repress myself using nonduality if that is what you are concerned about, I reminded myself of the full picture of reality. I think handling death in a healthy manner requires both perspectives. 

"Say to the sheep in your secrecy when you intend to slaughter it, Today you are slaughtered and tomorrow I am.
Both of us will be consumed.

My blood and your blood, my suffering and yours is the essence that nourishes the tree of existence.'"

You are your kitten, and every other kitten you wish to look after ♥️

It is sad though, but sadness and crying feels good in a weird way.

?r.i.p❤️

Pets truly are special. I sometimes babysit a bolognese, hes my best friend for real. So authentic, so loving, so beautiful. Its a meditation just watching him lie around. 

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@LSD-Rumi I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost my kitten to a disease I know how shitty it feels like to lose them. I hope you heal soon.