Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hedge

My 3 Step Algorithm Towards Enlightenmment

4 posts in this topic

1 - Ensure I have the absolute total desire to achieve enlightenment. I'm talking about Napoleon Hill, Think and Grow Rich level and depth of desire.

2 - Apply that desire to a small chunk of ideas in the Book of Not Knowing. 

3 - Circle back to step #1 and repeat.

TAGR was my gateway self help book where I stumbled onto Leo's videos. I only found out about Ralston's book through Leo. That book I find so hard to stop reading - it just seems to make so much sense. What do you all think? How can I maximize output? :) Part of me says this is a pointless thing to post because while it might be the best approach for me, it won't necessarily be for anyone else. 

Edited by hedge

@hedge eventually it will come down to this question:

how hard are you willing to undergo a real ego breakdown?

beware of the fact that a real ego breakdown involves frustration, disorientation, discomfort and fear. these are the ingredients for any method that makes the practitioner get in touch with true humility. otherwise the search for enlightenment will be reduced to more intellectual gibberish and arrogance.

the zen training process, for instance, is based on creating artificial emotional crisis within a context in which NOTHING is about you and there's no room for ego driven distractions.

unborn Truth

2 hours ago, ajasatya said:

The zen training process, for instance, is based on creating artificial emotional crisis within a context in which NOTHING is about you and there's no room for ego driven distractions.

Do you have more information about this process?

14 hours ago, Bronsoval said:

Do you have more information about this process?

yes. the zen retirements are called sesshin. the practitioner is subject to spend consecutive days living a hardcore monastic life (not a regular monastic life), meditating 10 hours a day. it can vary from 3 to 10 days in most cases. i'm not talking about vipassana. sesshins are tougher than vipassana. during a sesshin it's not allowed to

• speak
  • use cellphone
  • use computer
  • check the hours
  • masturbate
  • read books
  • listen to music

sesshins are tougher than vipassana because of the extremely strict schedule but the overall rules are the same.

Edited by ajasatya

unborn Truth