JevinR

Brute Forcing Any And Every Goal You Set

4 posts in this topic

Theoretically is it plausible? I feel this is my life philosophy, to achieve any goal through sheer determination and will, of course one would need to be resourceful, but regardless, I feel it builds greater character to use brute force, also noted in Leo's "How to Get Shit done" video. I heard that goals are suppose to be "adjusted, and changed depending on the circumstances"  from someone and to that I say fuck NO, you set a goal and do anything to achieve it period; Going so far as to centering your whole life around that or multiple goals, never giving up even if it kills you, (As this relates to my personal life) even if you die, you die in glory pursuing your goals. Truly this is the way. What are your thoughts?

Edited by JevinR
Add more words

The trouble with that approach is that it's sourced from a deep neurosis. You're basically in conflict with yourself, disowning parts of your psyche, and trying to bull your way through towards some idealized future which -- even if it comes -- will be deeply disappointing because you will one day realize that you whored yourself out for success. If you use this approach, you will become the stereotypical businessman who makes a killing on Wallstreet and then hangs himself one day from the ceiling fan.

All your achievements in life are ultimately pointless and produce very temporary doses of satisfaction because of hedonic adaptation. What you need to do is to learn how to derive joy from being, not from doing.

A good approach for you would be to do almost the exact opposite of what you suggest. Which means, practice self-compassion, self-acceptance, and a slow relaxed, easy-going pace. Learn to enjoy life rather than enjoying some idealized future.

All that said, I don't mean that you don't take action. You still take action. But from a place of self-acceptance rather than a place of lack, as you're doing now.

This is another one of those counter-intuitive moves I always talk about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

The trouble with that approach is that it's sourced from a deep neurosis. You're basically in conflict with yourself, disowning parts of your psyche, and trying to bull your way through towards some idealized future which -- even if it comes -- will be deeply disappointing because you will one day realize that you whored yourself out for success. If you use this approach, you will become the stereotypical businessman who makes a killing on Wallstreet and then hangs himself one day from the ceiling fan.

All your achievements in life are ultimately pointless and produce very temporary doses of satisfaction because of hedonic adaptation. What you need to do is to learn how to derive joy from being, not from doing.

A good approach for you would be to do almost the exact opposite of what you suggest. Which means, practice self-compassion, self-acceptance, and a slow relaxed, easy-going pace. Learn to enjoy life rather than enjoying some idealized future.

All that said, I don't mean that you don't take action. You still take action. But from a place of self-acceptance rather than a place of lack, as you're doing now.

thanks leo

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I think you should do a video on deficiency-cognition vs being-cognition. It's such an important concept and is absolutely vital for self-actualisation.