WokeBloke

Is there a thinker?

57 posts in this topic

Just now, WokeBloke said:

doesn't mean there isn't tomorrow lol.

You really making the claim you will never have a thought again? 

Sounds a little goofy.

@WokeBloke of course. You have thoughts? Very strange, are they in your pocket or something? You keep em in your wallet?

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke of course. You have thoughts? Very strange, are they in your pocket or something? You keep em in your wallet?

they are in my karmic accumulation. 

@WokeBloke

1 minute ago, WokeBloke said:

they are in my karmic accumulation. 

Ah, I see. 

So your spiritual wallet. Leather ones are better imo.

Edited by Fearless_Bum

1 minute ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke

Ah, I see. 

So your spiritual wallet. Leather ones are better imo.

lets go back to your thought that I was I believe 4 thoughts ago.

"there is no next thought"

And yet after that 4 new thoughts came in a sequential order.

Maybe self reference is a thought so deeply engrained into our subconscious that we think it's not a thought.

?

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

People overcomplicate this, but it's very simple. 

Organisms grow hair, breath, digest food, hear sounds, think thoughts, etc... These are things organisms do automatically. 

The mistake people often make, is that they they think there is a separate 'self' which resides somewhere inside their organism, a 'doer' of what their organism is doing. But this 'self' or 'doer' or 'thinker' doesn't exist. 

How hard are you trying to think right now? Not at all. It is absolutely effortless, because there is no 'you'.. no 'separate self'. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

1 minute ago, Shin said:

Maybe self reference is a thought so deeply engrained into our subconscious that we think it's not a thought.

?

would you agree for there to be self referential thinking there has to be a subject/self that is thinking about itself?

@WokeBloke

Just now, WokeBloke said:

lets go back to your thought that I was I believe 4 thoughts ago.

"there is no next thought"

And yet after that 4 new thoughts came in a sequential order.

There is only thought, you're the one chopping me up into 4 pieces.

1 minute ago, Fearless_Bum said:

@WokeBloke

There is only thought, you're the one chopping me up into 4 pieces.

There is not only thought lol that's just a thought you made. Everything you are looking at right now (except these thoughts) is not thoughts. I'm not chopping you up. I'm chopping your thoughts up.

4 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

When there is walking is there a walker?

When there is talking is there a talker?

When there is listening is there a listener?

When there is cooking is there a cooker?

No.

It is a mental projection to call colors that are changing in a specific pattern, "body" or "walking" or "walker".

Yes, "body " is a projection too. There are changing colors, sensations and thoughts. That's it. You can call that "body" or "frog" or "pizza", nothing  is more true. But from an imaginary survival perspective it makes more sense to call it "body " and to pretend like it's a real thing.

To create a body you don't need atoms or cells or energy or blood or warmth or oxygen.

You only need:

• colors
  • feeling sensations
  • thoughts, like "this is a body" "it is made of cells and atoms"
  • belief/intuition/feeling that these thoughts are true

That's how God creates bodies.

Edited by GreenWoods

2 hours ago, WokeBloke said:

I don't quite understand what you are getting at?

Thought doesn't think. The question is what thinks. So when I ask you if there is a thinker I am not asking a thought if there is a thinker I am asking the thinker if there is a thinker.

But the thinker is a thought. A question is a thought. It doesn't think. You are too smart for your own good. The thinker thinks it's thinking. When you stop thinking, answers are received. Thoughts are always received, but when we believe them to be effort, they seem to be effort, so we miss that we receive them. 

It's like the radio asking if its true identity is "Oops I Did it Again" or Britney Spears. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 hours ago, GreenWoods said:

No.

It is a mental projection to call colors that are changing in a specific pattern, "body" or "walking" or "walker".

Yes, "body " is a projection too. There are changing colors, sensations and thoughts. That's it. You can call that "body" or "frog" or "pizza", nothing  is more true. But from an imaginary survival perspective it makes more sense to call it "body " and to pretend like it's a real thing.

To create a body you don't need atoms or cells or energy or blood or warmth or oxygen.

You only need:

• colors
  • feeling sensations
  • thoughts, like "this is a body" "it is made of cells and atoms"
  • belief/intuition/feeling that these thoughts are true

That's how God creates bodies.

I hope you're surgeon doesn't think you're just a color

Yes of course all experience is in apparent duality. An experience of literal nonduality without that appearance is completely impossible. Experience needs experienced and experiencer.

The thinker is what you refer to as "I", which is formless nothing. The thought is form which is fundamentally nothing so fundamentally is the subject. The pairing of this duality as a singular unit is total infinity.

31 minutes ago, WokeBloke said:

I hope you're surgeon doesn't think you're just a color

Yeah, for practical survival issues it is good to play the game and pretend as if illusions were real.

But when you want to awaken, you must give up that game and go for the truth.

21 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

How hard are you trying to think right now? Not at all. It is absolutely effortless, because there is no 'you'.. no 'separate self'. 

??

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi