omar30

can you change yourself immediately in one day ?

27 posts in this topic

I wonder if anybody can eliminate all his bad habits and begin new useful ones, just after thinking about it.

can I have infinite willpower over myself? 

I am not talking about sudden awakenings or a psychedelic trip.

can the ego-mind escape its defense mechanisms?

Probably, but life is long, how will you keep up your habits when life hits you hard. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

11 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Probably, but life is long, how will you keep up your habits when life hits you hard. 

I think I will begin it over again if I can do it once I can do it again. if I am not motivated by negative values and thoughts why not.

3 hours ago, omar30 said:

I think I will begin it over again if I can do it once I can do it again. if I am not motivated by negative values and thoughts why not.

THIS. ?? 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It's impossible for the ego to bootstrap itself into a higher state, no matter how much time you give it. By nature, it is insatiable, and thrives on the chaos that it creates.

Awakening happens when Consciousness makes it happen. You can prepare yourself for it, but Consciousness calls the shots. And yes, although rare, awakening can happen in a single day.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@Moksha awakening won't necessarily eliminate all the bad habits in the day that it happens, like addictions. There are awakened unhealthy eaters and smokers. 

6 hours ago, BlackMaze said:

@Moksha awakening won't necessarily eliminate all the bad habits in the day that it happens, like addictions. There are awakened unhealthy eaters and smokers. 

i don't think so eating plays a great role in the process of awakening, but if they are awakened and returned to unhealthy eating they will go to lower states of consciousness.

@BlackMaze I agree. It is the difference between awakening and enlightenment. Realizing the Self is seeing the fire, and enlightenment is cooking upon it.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

@omar30 nope. Think long term.

You can make leaps and bounds with things like psychedelics but, this is a multi year process.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

24 minutes ago, Consept said:

You can change maybe 0.1% in a day, you need to create habits and be patient to change, thats it. If its not that youre wasting energy trying to find a shortcut

I have listened to your podcast long time ago before I know about this forum. nice to meet you again. xD

@Moksha it depends on definitions. Each has his own. I'm not a fan of all the comparing or the labeling as awakening of too many things. Awakening, enlightenment or whatever can only start the process of changing life long habits. A realization over 9000 still doesn't change much. I mean if someone got enlightened suddenly that doesn't mean that he will start eating blueberries every morning. 

I understand that words are necessary to communicate this but all i feel is a mental masturbation going on. This is not pointed to you or to anyone. It's just how i perceive it. 

@BlackMaze Seeing your true nature is only the first step of the spiritual journey. That realization doesn't instantly dissolve decades of conditioning. The real work of spirituality is learning to let go of our attachments, and surrender to the stillness of the Self.

@Moksha i agree. After surrendering everything though there're still bills to pay and people to take care of and basically you continue to appear as a body dropped down to this small planet. I don't want just to be blissed out. I want to play the game and have a good time. 

@BlackMaze Cool thing is that when you are present, the quality of everything is enhanced. You still engage with the world, but consciously rather than unconsciously.

@Moksha yeah that's true. Having a wage slave job though that consumes most of your energy and time will do its best to keep you down. All i'm saying is that basic self help stuff, goals, good diet and exercise are equally important. You can still do them unconsciously and can help to align more. 

Edited by BlackMaze

@Moksha What are the 3 key habits to implement in order to attain, or realize, Moksha? 

probably after initiating deep commitment and radical intention and will...