Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PepperBlossoms

Why do we believe our thoughts and experiences?

4 posts in this topic

I was noticing how, when I am in a trip, I am telling myself - oh this is the loss of self, non-dual part.  But yet - I am believing, intuiting, and imagining that to be the case.  I tell myself "this is me losing myself, I am not this, not this, not this, I am no where, the universe is imagined, if I am the universe, I am imagining myself."  We feel like, oh this is what I am thinking, this is what I am telling myself I am seeing, so it must be the case.  It in a way seems just as delusional as say a religious person being headstrong in the man in the clouds as "I have experienced God/Jesus so it must be the case."  Similarly, one can say - "I have experienced nonduality so it must be the case."  Both are believing what they think to be describing reality.

The non-dual one logically makes more sense as one can see, I am not separate from reality but rather am reality and part of it and everything makes up reality so it is all non-dual.  Christianity one is a harder buy as there is the counter-argument that it was all made up by people.  Well, non-duality one can say, even that concept was made up by people too.  I guess that is why "the truth" is not any idea or cannot be spoken as the truth is just what is, the truth is itself, rather than a concept as non-duality and Christianity are.

But even saying something as "the truth" is a concept as well...

It is just weird how we have the non-dual experience and the thoughts that come to us or visuals that we see - that we take them so seriously and use them so strongly for our basis for understanding reality.  It is like - oh yes this is it - this is the answer.  But I just feel weird at how easy I am accepting what I am seeing and how much I am just not questioning it.  I guess one thing is that it is hard to imagine any other way other than what I have seen - and because I have not seen anything else, I am just going with what I have.

This is why the really deep awakenings are mostly indescribable. Even to describe everything is to leave all of the most important ungraspable feelings out of the story. God and enlightenment can never be described in any full way. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

Good insights. I agree that anything experienced as a thought is inherently false. No thought, no writing, and no work of art can accurately describe ultimate reality. As the Upanishads say, "Words turn back frightened." God is beyond the conceptual mind to comprehend.

It is only directly realized. Awakening is the opening of the third eye, and clearly seeing your ultimate nature, beyond the limitations of the senses. The conditioned mind may try to question it, but the seeing itself is spiritual, and beyond doubt.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

Nonduality isn’t a concept. The very word says not two, and a concept would make two. Christianity also points to nondual, but rather than stating what isn’t, ‘Christianity’ suggests what is. But to you, nonduality & Christianity are indeed concepts. Assuming of course, you in and of itself isn’t purely conceptual. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE