Tyler Durden

Did this entire forum came into existence just now?

17 posts in this topic

Relatively speaking this forum is a couple of years old but if time is an illusion that would mean all topics with older dates actually exist in the now and posts inside of them are created the moment I open them and start reading it. Does that mean this entire forum came into existence just now?

There is no difference between it having just been created and it having existed forever.

Your question implies time. But everything is actually Eternal. The NOW is Eternity.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

50 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Does that mean this entire forum came into existence just now?

The entirety of existence came into existence now. The idea of the universe evolving and changing is a trick.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no difference between it having just been created and it having existed forever.

Your question implies time. But everything is actually Eternal. The NOW is Eternity.

Interesting perspective. So to say that this forum existed forever/just came into existence are both equally valid.

32 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

The entirety of existence came into existence now. The idea of the universe evolving and changing is a trick.

Last thursdayism is not wrong after all. Only the day is not last thursday but now ?

17 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Last thursdayism is not wrong after all. Only the day is not last thursday but now ?

Ha! At least I'm right once a week. What I said only applies on Thursdays.

57% paranoid

"Did this entire forum came into existence just now?"
Have you noticed that we ask the question in the past tense ("did this entire forum...") but then expect the answer to be in the present tense ("just now").  "Coming into" sounds like a process occurring in time, rather than a single point "now".  How can there be process, movement, impermanence without time, how come everything doesn't happen all at once? Things appear to be spread out, yet space and time are relative, meaning we use things in space and time to measure other things. It's all a gigantic self-referencing paradox, and Leo's point that Now is Eternity is just as meaningful as saying that Now is 2nd October 2021. 

The forum is a timeless appearance of this boundless energy which is as empty as it is full, and without constraint. There's only the timeless, complete (and completely empty) appearance.

Edited by The0Self

1 hour ago, silene said:

how come everything doesn't happen all at once?

Because the "everything" you're referring to is a temporal "everything" and so it doesn't exist, because there's no time.

57% paranoid

There is a mystery beyond time and space. As humans, we are trained to evaluate truth conceptually, rather than directly. Let go of your thoughts, and see. The mystic sees more truly, in the absolute sense, than the scientist.

The monkey mind tries to make sense of reality, and even geniuses like Einstein can't comprehend it. At least he was able to see that separation is a delusion, and the cosmos is only relatively real. There is a wizard behind the curtain, but the wizard is incomprehensible to the senses, and the wizard is you.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

No. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

2 minutes ago, Someone here said:

No. 

So it existed for couple of years without ever being in my direct experience?

Edited by Tyler Durden

3 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

So it existes for couple of years without being in my direct experience?

Yes. 

Actually about six years rather than two. 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yes. 

Actually about six years rather than two. 

But if time is an illusion, how could there exist a past in which I was unaware of this forum?

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

But if time is an illusion, how could there exist a past in which I was unaware of this forum?

Why is time an illusion? What do you mean by time? And what do you mean by it being an illusion? 

The past exists. Sure. We even have a word for it. We are even talking about it right now.   And.. Ofc.. The "past  is in the past " duh? A=A..

It's just like everything else.. What you think it is.... Isn't actually what it is. 

our naive perception of its flow doesn’t correspond to physical reality. including Isaac Newton’s picture of a universally ticking clock. Even Albert Einstein’s relativistic space-time.. Which is supposed to be an elastic manifold that contorts so that local times differ depending on one’s relative speed or proximity to a mass is just a simplification.  In other words the universe is like a movie.. All past presents and future are contained in the same place (for lack of better words). But that's none of your business as you are completely bought into the linearity of life. 

Better question be what is the past? What is time? And good luck answering. 

@Someone here Past only exists as memories in the now. It had no real existence. I'm imagining it in the present moment. In that way you can say that time is an illusion.

It's a nice perspective but don't get too stuck. The past can be both real and imaginary at the same time. Try to be more fluid in your perspectives. 

Everything is both real and not real, including space and time.