cypres

How could the first manifestation come into being?

26 posts in this topic

@cypres Careful not to get lost in abstractions. 

30 minutes ago, cypres said:

My main curiosity (after learning that 0 doesn't proceed to 1) was what made God think "I" at all.

Nothing made God think anything - not really. 

Didn't you see the meme I posted? It wasn't just a silly meme about Dori. It was my answer to your question. 

@cypres Then I don't understand your question anymore? I thought you were wondering how it is that we think each of us is a finite self?

There is no actual past, therefore the first thing that was created is what you, right now, believe it was. 

16 hours ago, cypres said:

Everything/nothing is the same as something? Or only from perspective? but then you have added a location from which you have perspective

22 hours ago, cypres said:

No I didn't say that nothingness is the same as something. 

Things can only be known from a perspective. 

The infinite only knows the infinite. The finite can only be known by the finite. 

14 hours ago, cypres said:
17 hours ago, cypres said:

I now see that everythingness becomes oneness, which implies something besides just one, which becomes everythingness again, at which point it's all one. Right?

Do you find a flaw here?

@cypres Everything doesn't become one, since there can only be one everything. But I'm assuming that's what you meant anyway?xD

The problem with talking about "everything" is that it can't be done, since saying anything about everything is essentially not saying anything about anything, because language is always dualistic and thus less than everything. 

Edit: what I meant to say with that meme was that the "mechanism" by which infinity (everything) appears to be finite (less than everything/infinity) is through forgetting itself - as it must. 

Edited by Tim R