Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onacloudynight

Where To Find A Meditation Teacher?

4 posts in this topic

Anyone know the best place to find a meditation teacher or mentor? I searched for one in my area and no one seems to teach meditation here unfortunately.

Do I even need a teacher? I have been meditating for a year now and a lot of crazy shit has been happening. I feel like I could use some guidance, so I don't get lost on this journey...  Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mooji and Adyashanti have some great guided meditation videos on youtube.

It could help for sure, but with all the informations there is on internet nowadays, no you don't need one.

It is cool to have people to talk about these kind of stuff in real life though :)

Anyways, you could search for temple or dojo in your region (google map is your friend).

Search on facebook too, maybe there is a group about non-duality/consciousness/nothingness (try every key words) near you live.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

It is not just about the technique what you might be doing right or wrong. When you sit with a good teacher you notice things that would otherwise take years on your own. It might be that you are doing something "wrong" (even if there is nothing wrong ultimately) and not knowing it. So you could look for a retreat if you don't have a teacher where you live.