Beyond Words

Brainwaves Equivalent To Dreaming While Awake - The Manifestation Of Meditation Or Lsd?

4 posts in this topic

I did an Electroencephalogram (EEG) which led to the conclusion that my brainwaves / brain activity is as if I am dreaming while awake.

Could it be induced through meditation or LSD? I did it over 3yrs ago (under 18 at the time) and I've been meditating 20m/day for 400 days. I consulted with doctors who said that it may be the meditation but I'd like to know what you guys would conclude from the enlightenment path perspective rather than the sciency one I have so far.

I barely meditate so I find it hard to believe that that could be the cause. But I'm very naturally enlightenment oriented.

P.S. - No I don't hallucinate in my waking state so I'm not permanently tripping... I think ;)

That can actually be a bad thing.

There is much subtly to optimal brainwave states.

Too much Delta, for example, can be associated with sluggishness, depression, chronic fatigue, spaciness, and even coma.

But if you feel good and like your current state of mind, then that's what's most important.

An optimal waking state with eyes open would included a lot of Alpha 8-12 Hz range, low beta, and low deta.

High Beta 15-38 Hz is the worst, leading to stress, anxiety, fear, monkey-mind, etc.

Meditation tends to produce lots of Alpha 8-12 Hz.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura That's very interesting. It's hard to tell if my state is optimal since I'm used to it.

However, there were these IB Math exams I had to do in high school (like AP exams) that took 90 minutes. I'd do them in 90m (with an almost perfect score), but when doing past papers with brain wave music (from brain.fm) it consistently took me 45 minutes (with even better scores).

The music has only been that effective for Math (I suspect because it triggers a flow state since I love Math). Could something like the music (or brain implants, wearable tech like thync.com etc) enhance general purpose cognition, and not just specific tasks?

I will clarify that I'm definitely not cognitively deficient without the music. I got the highest diploma score in the history of my school (people go to Harvard etc from here).

@Beyond Words Sure it could. A lot more than you can probably imagine. It'll be talking about this topic a lot in the future. I have some very interesting research to share on this point.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.