Afonso

Advice For 5-meo-dmt Trip

63 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Debbie B said:

These are things that work for me, to make me feel grounded, they might help you.   My 'meditation' works in a much simpler way, I sit on the ground in the garden and instead of excluding everything, I let it all in...I try to focus on a bird singing, the smell of the earth, perhaps the sound of water.  I give Thanks.  This refreshes me, nothing mystical at all.  

This is very important Debbie. I am currently leading a very hectic life which is bad I know. I don't think anyone on this forum would relish my lifestyle right now but I run a business and just moved house. But despite this your words ring true with me. I have a favourite spot in my new garden where I love to go a take it all in.

There's a mental construct of your surroundings in your mind. Even if you're deaf and blind. Very little of what you can see right now is done with the eyes. Just little snippets. If you are asked later to draw the room you were in earlier, most of what you draw will come from memories at different times put together like a jigsaw.

Much of the time we can spend not aware of our surroundings but actually stuck in this construct in the mind, stuck inside your head. Just stopping to really look and take it all in is like the prerequisite to feeling alive.

@Neo    'I am currently leading a very hectic life which is bad I know'.  

Why do you say that?  Because you know it is bad for you? Or you are pre-judging my judgement?  

If you run your own business it is because you are usually better than the average, at doing something. You had a vision that you can do it better somewhere along the line or you can offer something new perhaps.  I have had 3 businesses so far ( not too bad for a 20 year old who holidays in Barcelona :D:D)....  And yes, mixed blessings, but about to start another, as nothing is as satisfying as seeing your creation succeed!

It is all about balance.  It is about seeing joy.  And I think you know that, so you will be absolutely fine.

I only said that because I don't necessarily fit the mold, or one of them on this forum that in a nutshell says to become enlightened,

you need to just about have nothing but also, want for nothing. And another mindset that says you mustn't work too much - so no workaholics allowed here! lol

But there again, not fitting the mold is a good thing in my opinion.