Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Afonso

Numbness And Leg Pain While Meditating

8 posts in this topic

I've been doing 30-minute meditation sessions cross-legged for a couple of months now. In these cases, I can handle the numbness pretty well.

However, I've recently tried to boost to 60-minute sessions, but the numbness and pain are very high during the last 10-15 minutes. It's like hell! I try to observe it and resist the urge to stop it but it's very hard.

I could finish the 60-minute session, so I'm wondering if this pain is actually good for me to focus on or it's just bad and I need to take care of it (by switching the position).

Any feedback is highly appreciated! Thanks :D 

Edited by Afonso

Switch the position because it's not necessary to be in pain. The important thing for meditation is if your back is straight. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Afonso Try this: When this happens, bring your attention to this area, really feel it and stay there until it dissolves. Do it every time you feel the pain. 

@Afonso Now ask yourself, how can some people sit still like that for 5 days straight? That's 5 x 24 hrs = ~120 hrs straight. No food, no water, no peeing, no sleeping, no moving.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Afonso Now ask yourself, how can some people sit still like that for 5 days straight? That's 5 x 24 hrs = ~120 hrs straight. No food, no water, no peeing, no sleeping, no moving.

@Leo Gura I don't know man but we the no-hardcore mediators are not really used to that xD also how come you humans cross legs like that? My legs aren't really that flexible to do that, is there any sort of practice or keep meditating on chair?

@Sano Morphing Who told you you have to cross your legs?

Meditate standing on your head if you like.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 4:01 AM, Leo Gura said:

Now ask yourself, how can some people sit still like that for 5 days straight? That's 5 x 24 hrs = ~120 hrs straight. No food, no water, no peeing, no sleeping, no moving.

@Leo Gura No peeing? That sounds like a great idea after watching this. *Skip to 3:30 to get to the crux of it.