Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest username

Have I Been Blessed?

35 posts in this topic

I won't go into detail here, but due to health complications, I may have been rendered completely and irreversibly sexually impotent and without a libido, among other things. I feel totally emasculated, but it occurred to me that this may be a blessing in disguise, as now I have less distractions to pursue the spiritual path.

What are your thoughts?

Nothing good or bad with sex. Nothing good or bad with celibacy. How you interpret it doesn't matter.

9 minutes ago, username said:

irreversibly sexually impotent and without a libido

There are many people who think they are impotent but it is very rare that there is an impotent person. He has no energy to be transformed. 

@Frogfucius You don't need to look at everything from the perspective of the absolute. It's fine to speak in relative terms, which is the type of discussion I am looking for here.

I'm making assumptions about where you're coming from here. I've gone through that phase. You think you're free from judgement and see that emptiness in every label. That state is a totally immature reaction to superficial spiritual insight.  You'll get better, and you will laugh at how silly you are being right now.

Edited by username

@Prabhaker Well, severe fatigue is a part of it. In short, my testosterone production may or may not be permanently inhibited, and many of my normal functions are ceasing. Muscle and bone is atrophying. no sex drive at all, no sensual pleasure, suppressed appetite, to name a few.

30 minutes ago, username said:

no sex drive at all, no sensual pleasure, suppressed appetite, to name a few.

Do you sometimes think about sex or watch sexually explicit videos, photographs, writings ? 

@Prabhaker No, I can't even think of sex involuntarily or get turned on at all. This hasn't been going on very long, so I'll wait it out to see if the effects subside.

Edited by username

25 minutes ago, username said:

I can't even think of sex involuntarily or get turned on at all.

Are you suffering from depression or taking some medicines or drugs ?

@username You'll probably want to invest some time and energy diagnosing the root cause of this "impotence", cause it doesn't sound healthy, especially if you're still young.

Keep in mind the root cause might be psychological (or related to lifestyle, stress, or diet).

Or it could be a hormonal imbalance. Which you'd want to get tested for.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@username  If it turns out to be the case that you can't fix it then you will inevitably feel like you're missing out at some point in your life but ultimately you could definitely use it to your advantage in the long run. You probably shouldn't ignore the problem entirely but it's good to also consider the possibility of living your life happily even without sexuality.

Edited by Extreme Z7

Personal medical issues aside, many men go through a "slow down" as they get older, and it can feel like "over coming" it.

You can start to see your younger work colleagues being wholly controlled by sex (and by the girls they're chasing lol). You

start to see the whole sex thing as a bit of a game. And as for Leo's sex video, I was like *god is not even he over it yet?*.

@username Whatever the problem is, love yourself 100%. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@username I would like to add one more thing. If your libido comes back don't suppress it. Sex doesn't lower your consciousness. There is a spiritual dogma about being celibate in certain teachings but it's not necessary for everyone. It's only wrong if you pursue sex from a lower consciousness (such as hurting women, or only thinking they are sex objects). 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Prabhaker @Leo Gura  Yeah, it's most likely an adverse reaction to finasteride, which I quit taking. The research literature is nebulous, as some say that effects can be irreversible in many cases. I've consulted with a doctor who said just to wait it out since side effects are almost never permanent and it is likely psychosomatic. There seems to be quite a bit of evidence to the contrary. so I am going to try to take my mind off it in case I self-inflict these symptoms psychosomatically .

I know this isn't a medical advice forum, so I'm trying to refrain from going that direction with this thread. I was just wondering if anyone had an idea on whether or not I could leverage this as a boon to my consciousness work in case the effects are indeed irreversible  and nothing works ( I intend to go under  the proper therapy to normalize body if necessary).

4 minutes ago, username said:

in case the effects are indeed irreversible  and nothing works

Medical science knows nothing about meditation. According to a doctor the effects can be irreversible, it doesn't mean that effects are irreversible. 

@Prabhaker Are you suggesting I could heal my body with meditation?

1 minute ago, username said:

Are you suggesting I could heal my body with meditation?

Only if you understand 'how to live meditatively' !

1 minute ago, username said:

Could you please elaborate?

I will, right now I am leaving, have a nice day !

@username Damnn, I feel bad for you bro. If you're young, then it's definitely a stigma in nowadays. If you're the type that gets distracted by sex, and don't know how to harness your sexual energies like me who masturbates on a regular basis, then probably yes, it's an obstruction to consciousness work. But if you're able to transmute it and penetrate through the desire while making love with your partner, that could be a boon to your consciousness work. Desire directed in the right place can lead to liberation, and vice versa. In terms of the absolute, it doesn't make a difference whether you're engaged in the secular world or not. Both has it's ups and downsides, it can be a blessing or a bane depending how you see it. Good luck on your journey, as you gain more understanding this shouldn't be a problem for you.