Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iboughtleosbooklist

Is all language ultimately empty?

5 posts in this topic

Or is reality so meta that everything works 'as if' it had rules.

I so want this to become something bruh ?

1 hour ago, iboughtleosbooklist said:

Or is reality so meta that everything works 'as if' it had rules.

I so want this to become something bruh ?

Look directly at this "I" that so wants this to become something.

What is "I" ?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

Go listen to a language you don't understand at all. Only then do you realise how arbitrary it is, we are all producing gibberish with our mouths. In that sense it is empty. Even language having rules (grammar) doesn't stop it from being gibberish. The only thing that gives language any meaning is because it is anchored to reality. Language needs reality in order to make any sense.

The thing is, reality is also gibberish (arbitrary). It also looks like it has rules (a grammar of reality, a.k.a. physics). When we're born we have hardly any understanding of reality whatsoever. So what is reality anchored to that gives it meaning? How do we come to understand reality?

There is only one answer: there is an intelligence to/inside/part of reality that gives it meaning. That is how a new born is able to bootstrap reality into something meaningful.

Edited by LastThursday

57% paranoid

Empty? What's that?

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

Language is a military thing from the hunting period. Neolithical. It's been polished from millenia. Basically it expanded from the Carpathians/arians (because there you could live after the cold glacials, because of the salt) to hindu valley and across the world. The old shepards did it. So it's a vehicle. 

The 3rd eye is so intelligent in human beings, that they can grasp a language without knowing it. This is how "God" works. 

Study the thracian/dacia culture, you will see. We also have Tartaria Tablets the oldest written language. 

Edited by Goldzilla

Singer

14™