Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Epiphany_Inspired

Stigma, Dogma, And Anti-hippie!

9 posts in this topic

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Leo Gura and Martin Ball, that said, I am truly concerned about what comes off to me as continued "anti-hippie" rhetoric. I already hear enough of this dogmatic self-deception from my friends that identify as "punk" or "anarchist". Besides the extremely limiting nature of stereotypes,  it is also extremely close-mined to put this stigma onto "hippies".

The people I've met recently that are the least judgemental, the most open-mined, the most willing to follow their passions, the least self-destructive, the most compassionate, and the most dedicated to Nature; ARE what one might deem "hippies". Hippies are often at least a stage green in Spiral Dynamics ,and have surpassed the orange need for wealth, status, etc. These are incredible people to surround yourself with (even if you are afraid they will smell like patchouli, lol)!

The things deemed "new age", and therefore flaky, are often the very things we are perusing here in this actualization community. As someone that could be labeled with almost every alternative stereotype, I have been called a hippie, (as I have been involved in environmental activism since the early 90's/ before it was "cool", and have long hair, etc). It helps mainstream people function, to label things. It only becomes potentially harmful when we attach a stigma, and say things like Martin did: "Hippie Bullshit" to signify flakiness, or only an ignorantly whimsical capacity for non-duality...or whatever....

Obviously, there are some people labeled as, or that identify as "Hippie" that totally fit the stereo-type; with little personal care, major self-destruction or laziness (smoking pot all day and accomplishing nothing), etc. That said, most "hippies" that I have met recently are on the opposite end of that spectrum. Please do not let these comments in the videos keep you from exploring the conscious, vibrant, creative culture and community that is deemed "hippie". Thanks for listening!

peace.png

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

1 hour ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

The things deemed "new age", and therefore flaky, are often the very things we are perusing here in this actualization community.

Of course!

That's why it's funny.

When I say hippie, it's part tongue-in-cheek, part self-depricating, part preemption of criticism from stage Orange people.

As you actualize, you will become a total hippy.

Orange must pass through Green to get to Yellow. But they've demonized Green so much that they've burned their only bridge, so to speak.

If you read Martin's biography, you'll get a very strong hippy vibe.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Orange must pass through Green to get to Yellow. But they've demonized Green so much that they've burned their only bridge, so to speak.

If you read Martin's biography, you'll get a very strong hippy vibe.

Leo, what are some of the most prominent characteristics of stage yellow asides from holistic, systemic thinking and a latent awareness of the other stages?

@Leo Gura How do you assign a stage to yourself after a lot of work?
I am pretty sure I have purged most of my orange cravings, and yet I don't feel very hippie-like.
When I see people I'd consider blue I have a tendency to laugh and view them compassionately. 
When I see people I'd consider orange, same thing.
Hippie people who just scream "love is everything, just be grateful, god will save you" and don't see the real meaning behind these words just put me off.
I would like to consider myself yellow but the amount of confusion whether thats my egoic need to feel superior or whether it is a genuine assessment is great.

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

I used to despreciate hippies and now I see them as funny and enjoyable people

@Martin123

Very interesting questions...

Questions I thought about: Who do I hang out with? Are they friends? Am I able to relate to them? What are topics discussed? How important are they (topics) to yourself and the others? How often do we meet? How often do we talk? Am I detached from them? Do we take actions on our goals before we meet? How openly can I speak to them? If I had any enlightenment experiences / awakenings, am I able to speak to them about it with ease, or do I keep it a secret?

Edited by Key Elements

@Key Elements Thanks, realizing how I can relate to others is actually quite useful measuring tool.
I'd say I can tell where most people are coming from and am able to understand that, sometimes though I just really don't feel like relating to them. Also I find very few people (not in this forum) who I can relate to fully, only 1 or 2 people

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

Thanks @Leo Gura @Epsilon_The_Imperial @Martin123 @Key Elements @Alex4 ! You've renewed my confidence in OPEN MINDED actualizerz! In it's roots, Hippie Culture produced a lot of positive change (personal/global), it helped people surpass  materialism, explore psychedelics, etc... Maybe "becoming total hippies" like Leo said, is exactly what we all need right now....

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

Note that green ideas can inhibit the minds of blue/purple people. Be careful not to mistaken a green idea for green thinking. I have seen quite a few of these examples. In fact I have been one myself in my late teens.

"If you immediately know the candle-light is fire then the meal was cooked along time ago"