Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wilhelm44

Abraham Hicks and awakening ?

5 posts in this topic

Sometimes it feels to me that teachings like those of Abraham Hicks simply exploit humanity's aversion to suffering. Exploit is perhaps too harsh a term, but I do wonder if these kinds of teachings can actually be detrimental to an integrated awakening ?

No, it's the acceptance of the causes of suffering (belief in them) that is truly not true acceptance at all, that is the suffering. 

Some people are so disgusted they won't hear them (I remember feeling this way about Eckhart Tolle when I was 19) and others try to exploit the understanding which only results in suffering. We all do, really in some way, that's how we learn. I discovered them around the same time my Grandmother died and I was going through a really challenging period in my life. She essentially teaches how to emotionally embody nonduality. Her key insight for losing someone you love is, "look for the person you lost where they are not where they are not" and a few other insights hit me like lightning at that time. I also was able to connect with the intuition I'd always had but demonized for so long. 

The winter I discovered her, my kitchen sink drain clogged, and since my Grandmother was dying and no one could get care for he my entire family was helping and I was isolated with no help with my toddler and autistic son. My dog was dying and occasionally making massive messes in the house. I hired a plumber, and had a few other people try to fix the sink drain. No one could. My life was a mess, a literal freaking mess. Having a kitchen sink drain is really important. I tried to will it into being using law of attraction. I tired so hard to focus my head hurt. Nope. My life was such a disaster, but something really bright, transcending all that was calling me in a much clearer, deeper way than ever. That winter/early Spring I had an awakening, and several mystical experiences starting with the night my Grandmother died and connecting with her in such a profound way. It was like it all magically worked its way out and through and around the chaos of my life. 

Still, however, the kitchen sink drain was clogged. I literally got everything but the kitchen sink. So many psychological blockages and beliefs came loose and came crashing down all around me. The world feels like a truly magical, enchanted place, and I know and feel in my heart that I'm not separate from that. Synchronicity and insights keep sweeping me off my feet. 

Spring comes, the drain is clearly not frozen and I hire someone to dig up the entire length of plumbing in the back yard with an excavator and fix it. That morning I listen to a song with the lyrics "lightning in a bottle". They dig up an antique glass jar with "Lightning" printed on it. I ask him to dig my dog a grave under the apple tree in the back yard, because I've decided finally to have him put to sleep later that week. He does, they leave. I finally have a kitchen sink that works, weeks, months later. The next morning my dog dies peacefully on his own, early before the kids can wake up and find him, as if he'd planned it that way the entire time for my convenience. 

Law of Attraction is the focusing on what you DO want, focusing on what you do have and finding the feeling place of fulfillment and awe in it, without denying bigger dreams, without believing so much in time and limitations and "what is"... that is really the non resistant state that we all came here for. 

Love feels like love, and it is unconditional. It's essentially all about not settling (believing) anything less than that. 

Edited by mandyjw

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

25 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

No, it's the acceptance of the causes of suffering (belief in them) that is truly not true acceptance at all, that is the suffering. 

Some people are so disgusted they won't hear them (I remember feeling this way about Eckhart Tolle when I was 19) and others try to exploit the understanding which only results in suffering. We all do, really in some way, that's how we learn. I discovered them around the same time my Grandmother died and I was going through a really challenging period in my life. She essentially teaches how to emotionally embody nonduality. Her key insight for losing someone you love is, "look for the person you lost where they are not where they are not" and a few other insights hit me like lightning at that time. I also was able to connect with the intuition I'd always had but demonized for so long. 

The winter I discovered her, my kitchen sink drain clogged, and since my Grandmother was dying and no one could get care for he my entire family was helping and I was isolated with no help with my toddler and autistic son. My dog was dying and occasionally making massive messes in the house. I hired a plumber, and had a few other people try to fix the sink drain. No one could. My life was a mess, a literal freaking mess. Having a kitchen sink drain is really important. I tried to will it into being using law of attraction. I tired so hard to focus my head hurt. Nope. My life was such a disaster, but something really bright, transcending all that was calling me in a much clearer, deeper way than ever. That winter/early Spring I had an awakening, and several mystical experiences starting with the night my Grandmother died and connecting with her in such a profound way. It was like it all magically worked its way out and through and around the chaos of my life. 

Still, however, the kitchen sink drain was clogged. I literally got everything but the kitchen sink. So many psychological blockages and beliefs came loose and came crashing down all around me. The world feels like a truly magical, enchanted place, and I know and feel in my heart that I'm not separate from that. Synchronicity and insights keep sweeping me off my feet. 

Spring comes, the drain is clearly not frozen and I hire someone to dig up the entire length of plumbing in the back yard with an excavator and fix it. That morning I listen to a song with the lyrics "lightning in a bottle". They dig up an antique glass jar with "Lightning" printed on it. I ask him to dig my dog a grave under the apple tree in the back yard, because I've decided finally to have him put to sleep later that week. He does, they leave. I finally have a kitchen sink that works, weeks, months later. The next morning my dog dies peacefully on his own, early before the kids can wake up and find him, as if he'd planned it that way the entire time for my convenience. 

Law of Attraction is the focusing on what you DO want, focusing on what you do have and finding the feeling place of fulfillment and awe in it, without denying bigger dreams, without believing so much in time and limitations and "what is"... that is really the non resistant state that we all came here for. 

Love feels like love, and it is unconditional. It's essentially all about not settling (believing) anything less than that. 

Beautiful, thank you for sharing.

2 hours ago, Wilhelm44 said:

humanity's aversion to suffering.

Aversion to feeling is suffering. Abe teaches nothing if not the opposite. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

25 minutes ago, Nahm said:

Aversion to feeling is suffering. Abe teaches nothing if not the opposite. 

Thank you.