Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bebop

I Am Emptiness.

35 posts in this topic

@Ramu Yeah I had a similar experience, I ate the cookie right before I went to work and I noticed that I couldn't function properly so they went me to the emergency room. While I was sitting there waiting for the nurse it looked like the room was covered by a blanket that I could pull it off and nothing was behind it. The nurse who eventually came in looked like she was in a costume that I could unzip and no one would be in there as well. I tried to explain that to the nurse and she looked at me like I was crazy haha, I knew deep down she wouldn't but I wanted to have some fun :)

@Dodoster My ego likes getting reputation point. Keep going :P. My ego also likes barging, getting validation, people telling it how amazing it is, etc. Nothing wrong with that do if it happens in the light of awareness.

@Bob84 Yeah I'm well aware of what the ego is doing, the fight is still far from over but this was a big victory for me :D

@Bebop Don't fight the ego. Or try to get rid of it. When you fight it. It literally is "ego A" VS "ego B".
You are "nothing" and "nothing" doesn't give a shit about "anything". And "nothing" doesn't have to do "anything" in order to get "something".
Hope that makes sense to you. I was so to say in a similar boat, and this was a huge mindfuck for me.

Edited by Bob84
spelling

@Dodoster on a more practical level we all more or less have to function as an ego to get around in the world and function.  Even if you know its illusion, an infinitesimal number of people dont know.

@Bob84 Yeah I agree, fight was a bad word to use. I merely just observe it then as soon as something triggers it I find out the cause and change my attitude towards it. At this point I feel like I'm completely detached from the world, I finally understand what meaningless actually is on a deep level :)

Even when you realize that there is no point to life, its definitely worth living.  You are Source just expressing itself.  Enjoy the wild ride you put yourself on!

It wasn't easy to get to this level but I enjoyed the process, it gave me something interesting to look forward too haha! I'm kind of a little sad now though cause the ego doesn't put me on my guard as much as it used to though. Now I have to find something else to keep my occupied during the day :/

@Bebop Can you be "aware"? In a state of no thinking? When you are like walking your dog, or something like that?
If so, try making that a daily routing. I assume your still addicted to "thinking", and this does wonders.

Awareness is not the same as thinking.  The awareness is Your True Self.  Thoughts come out of the void.

@Bob84Good point, I do go sit down in random places and just observe the magic of the universe that's going on around me when I'm feeling down. My biggest problem is I'm trying to find a direction to where I want my life to go, I know I have no control over it but I lack motivation. I'm hoping I get some inspiration from Leo's course and from the books I'm reading though :)