Gianna

If you were fully conscious you wouldn't be listening to this

27 posts in this topic

I've heard Leo and other teachers say something along the lines of, "Well, if you were fully conscious I could guarantee you wouldn't be listening to this". Or, something along those lines– I am paraphrasing so I really shouldn't use quotes. 

I never understood this. I felt I had a decent degree of consciousness and I was listening to those things. But lately [after some serious awakenings], I have had zero desire to take in any information– to read, listen, watch, research. I don't care to know anything about anything anymore. I actually think it's counterintuitive. This is a huge shift for me. I look at guys like the 'Theories of Everything" guy [Curt] and think, "Wow. He is getting so far away from the Truth by attaching to all of this nonsense". Yet, that was me like 6 months ago. Haha, learning about chaos theory and other deep theories that could just boil down to nothing.

On one hand, I think it's great from an 'unlearning' perspective. On another hand, I see people like Leo or others (people I know) that have so much intelligence across the board it baffles and inspires me. 

What do you guys think about this? Would it be best to regain my drive for knowing and understanding or is unknowing a more wise approach? I feel weird even asking because something tells me deep down it doesn't matter but my fear tells me: where will I be in society if I let myself continue to not know anything about it? But then again, what's 'society'? My worldview has completely shifted to life being a dream. If you were in a dream, would you spend all of your time quantifying the dream or would you just live? I used to have a huge passion for learning. Now I think, why? I just want to help people to not suffer. 

Edited by Gianna

You are an incredible mystery that you will never figure out. To be this mystery consciously is the greatest joy. - Adyashanti

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

I have a lot of work to do to detach from all the beliefs I have on reality

7 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

You are an incredible mystery that you will never figure out. To be this mystery consciously is the greatest joy. - Adyashanti

This is everything <3 

"To be this mystery consciously is the greatest joy" 
I can 100% attest to this. So unbelievably true. 

Learning is like looking at the lake and seeing the shimmering reflection of the sun in the water - maybe it causes you to look up? Maybe when you look up you are so enthralled by the Sun that you miss the Moon. If I was in a dream, I would have fun and see what was possible.

57% paranoid

I saw this quote a few days ago:

"A philosopher is the most deceived person in the world because he thinks he knows without knowing anything at all. 

Heraclitus has laughed about Pythagoras, one of the greatest philosophers the world has ever known. 

Many times Heraclitus says, "If by philosophizing somebody could have become a knower, then Pythagoras would have been the first knower in the world" -- because Pythagoras traveled all over the world, the known world in those days.

He even came to India; he lived in Egypt, he traveled far and wide -- he collected much knowledge.

Pythagoras was a contemporary of Heraclitus and h

When you gather knowledge it becomes part of your memory -- you remain unaffected. Your heart is not touched, your being is not even aware of what you have collected in your memory. 

Unless your being is touched and transformed, knowledge is ignorance and more dangerous than ordinary ignorance -- because an ordinary ignorant person knows that he is ignorant, and a philosopher thinks that he knows. 

And once you become addicted to knowledge you will think your knowledge is knowing. Of course, you know too much, but deep down nothing has been known, nothing has changed; you have not evolved to a higher plane of being.

Real knowledge consists in attaining higher levels of being, higher planes of being -- not more knowledge, but more being. To be more, not to know more, is the real way."

~Osho

@LastThursday @Nos7algiK These quotes help me so much!! Thank you guys greatly. I am going to quote some below so I can refer back to them. 

23 minutes ago, LastThursday said:

Learning is like looking at the lake and seeing the shimmering reflection of the sun in the water

4 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Unless your being is touched and transformed, knowledge is ignorance

9 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

knowledge becomes part of your memory [but] you remain unaffected.

4 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

[if] Your heart is not touched, your being is not even aware of what you have collected in your memory. 

6 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

you think your knowledge is knowing... but deep down nothing has been known [because] nothing has been changed; you have not evolved to a higher plane of being.

11 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

Real knowledge consists in attaining higher levels of being

8 minutes ago, Nos7algiK said:

not more knowledge, but more being. To be more, not to know more, is the real way."

Would it be best to regain my drive for knowing and understanding or is unknowing a more wise approach?

Unknowing = understanding :D

You have to find your own balance between theory and practice. Seems like you've put enough energy on theory, perhaps, it's time to enjoy the spiritual practices. ;) 

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Nos7algiK said:

"A philosopher is the most deceived person in the world because he thinks he knows without knowing anything at all." ~Osho

Hmm...

Lies feed your judgement of others
Behold how the blind lead each other
The philosopher
You know so much about nothing at all

Didn't know Osho listened to Death Metal :P 

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Beware the trap of demonizing knowledge or understanding.

Understanding is king.

And knowledge is less than understanding, but it's still very important in the relative domain in which you live.

What I said was, if you were fully awake you would not be listening to me talking about awakening. It would be a waste of your time.

That does not mean to stop learning.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I can definitely relate, there was a time when I was very interested in various spiritual concepts but I just find them a complete turn-off these days. I think at some point you just realise that the accumulation of knowledge can only take you so far - maybe it can entice you to the edge of the cliff, but it can't make you jump off.

Listen to your intuition, I think that's the best advice I can give you - we all have an inner knowing, though it can often be hard to sense it if there's a lot of doubt and fear in our minds. 

'When you look outside yourself for something to make you feel complete, you never get to know the fullness of your essential nature.' - Amoda Maa Jeevan

I keep watching especially in periods where I don’t have a lot of highly conscious people in my life that I directly interact with. Just to keep a resonance up that might affect people I interact with in the future.

I certainly don’t agree with the statement — at least not in all situations. The reason you watch might be the key. For instance, I’m not watching to get something out of it for myself in the same way I used to. It’s not like it really takes that much time.

Keep in mind that my videos are about a lot more than awakening.

There are insights my videos could provide even to an awakened person. There are many insights besides strict awakening.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

intuition over intellect

inspiration over information

insight over eye sight

one is god speaking, the other is mind

just be discriminating where you put your energy, everything can be good, or bad

14 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Beware the trap of demonizing knowledge or understanding.

Understanding is king.

Within the domain of spirituality, the highest understanding is embodiment. Conceptual knowledge does not fundamentally change the way one experiences, responds, or behaves in relation to life. Unless understanding is grounded in one’s direct experience, it’s only useful insofar as a pointing to what work needs to be done for embodiment. Again within the domain of spirituality, specifically.

Without embodiment, concepts are just mental masturbation the ego is using to keep itself alive and safe under the incredible guise “Im spiritual and understand.”

32 minutes ago, Consilience said:

Within the domain of spirituality, the highest understanding is embodiment. Conceptual knowledge does not fundamentally change the way one experiences, responds, or behaves in relation to life. Unless understanding is grounded in one’s direct experience, it’s only useful insofar as a pointing to what work needs to be done for embodiment. Again within the domain of spirituality, specifically.

Without embodiment, concepts are just mental masturbation the ego is using to keep itself alive and safe under the incredible guise “Im spiritual and understand.”

for me that would be akin to prioritizing activity in online forums over the habit of meditating, both are fine but which is priority

@Gianna 

Materialism is essentially the belief there are separate objects, and so you are one of them, and thus consciousness & intelligence arise of it (you the separate object), and are therefore yours, and thus can be compared to the consciousness & intelligence of others. Yet there are some who say this is a veiling of the true nature, of actual consciousness-intelligence. Or are there?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Gianna Taking in lots of viewpoints can be confusing, I totally agree that it’s not desirable. But not taking in any viewpoints is also not ideal. I always look for high-quality ways of sharing information with others, which often boils down to finding promising communities, or finding good books. But even then i have to take time to absorb things, so I read a book and end up thinking about it for weeks afterwards. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

3 hours ago, gettoefl said:

intuition over intellect

inspiration over information

insight over eye sight

one is god speaking, the other is mind

just be discriminating where you put your energy, everything can be good, or bad

Love this!