AdamR95

layers of truth

48 posts in this topic

Do you notice, that reality has layers?

And these layers can contradicts each other. For example you can imagine yourself as a human which thinks he is a monkey. You made a construct of a human but you also made a construct of belief that you are a monkey. This can make problems for you, because it means that not everything you are believing is automaticaly becoming true. Your beliefs can contradict your reality because your beliefs comes from an ego which is more shalow of a construct than the construct of a physical laws.

The deeper the layer is, the more truthfull it is. And deeper layers are superior to shalow ones. That means that from a place of an ego you can manipulate only constructs that are more shalow of a construct than your ego is. Therefore you cannot change physical laws from a place of an ego. Manipulation of deeper layers of reality is teoreticaly possible but the problem is, that your desire to manipulate it comes from an ego and when you let go of an ego, then there is no desire to manipulate it. Its because as god you already making it to be exactly perfect, Why do you want to change it?

I think that many esoteric people fall into a trap of believing, that they can manipulate reality from a place of an ego. They confuse ego for god. You are god, but watch out for the ego that wants to take control over god.

I hear you.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

I agree with this contemplation but I still wonder how we hear about some yogis materializing stuff(which I think is legit).  

Once the last layer of onion is peeled, it's nothing. :))

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

1 hour ago, Swarnim said:

I agree with this contemplation but I still wonder how we hear about some yogis materializing stuff(which I think is legit).  

@Swarnim  i think its possible, but i guess it happens when it should happen, not when you as ego want it to happen.

Maybe we need to develop as a species, maybe we cant do it for the same reason an ant cant do mathematics. These yogis maybe have some special genes or whatever.

Edited by AdamR95

1 hour ago, AdamR95 said:

@Swarnim  i think its possible, but i guess it happens when it should happen, not when you as ego want it to happen.

Ego happens when it should, as well. 

Ego can't interfere with how reality is, because Ego is 'how reality is', when it is. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

'I know the pieces fit 'cause I watched them fall away...'

4 hours ago, Mason Riggle said:

Ego happens when it should, as well. 

Ego can't interfere with how reality is, because Ego is 'how reality is', when it is. 

this is a super philosophy to keep the ego. Comes from ego. You cant say more ego means no ego because it is how it is. Just no, stahp it, ego, stahp it. 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

7 hours ago, Swarnim said:

The universe can make anything happen. Individual can not make a single thing happen. The universe can make it appear any way it likes. I've seen its powers at play and ive seen miracles, but I have not seen one person perform miracles, except charlatans and tricky magicians.

Im not saying its not possible, but I havent seen! 

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo can the Universe 'make it appear' how it doesn't like?  How? by liking to?

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 minute ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo can the Universe 'make it appear' how it doesn't like? 

The universe can make it appear how we dont like. I dont know her personally, lol, but I assume she has a much bigger wisdom than the entire population of earth as a collective  (let alone one man)

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo getting rid of ego is the biggest ego trip of all. 

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo getting rid of ego is the biggest ego trip of all. 

another super philosophy to keep ego in place! 

but there is a remedy as they say ego is not to be gotten rid of, but seen through as illusion and then it falls away naturally! 

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo well you've carefully dodged, by answering a question I didn't ask. 

You said the Universe can make it appear any way it likes... I suggest it has no choice but to be how it loves to be. 

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo well you've carefully dodged, by answering a question I didn't ask. 

You said the Universe can make it appear any way it likes... I suggest it has no choice but to be how it loves to be. 

thats not a contradiction, because it might love to be any way it likes, which means both your suggestion and mine can be simultaneously true.

By saying any way it likes I am not saying it "likes" I just mean it can make things appear any way it wishes/desires/wants. Im talking as if it is a conscious being because thats how I feel  

-1/12 is Infinity 

8 minutes ago, Dodo said:

By saying any way it likes I am not saying it "likes" I just mean it can make things appear any way it wishes/desires/wants.

And I'm saying this makes no sense.  If it can make things appear any way it wishes/desires/wants.. then it must be able to make things appear how it doesn't wish/desire/want.. 

I'm saying the correct thing to say is, 'it must make things appear the way it wishes/desires/wants'.. it's not a choice. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@Dodo who is it that 'sees through the illusion'? 

Ego is a notion that comes and goes like a whirlpool in a river.. it's there when conditions for it to exists arise, and it's not when those conditions are not the case.   The ego can not get rid of ego.. that's just more ego.   The ego can, however, vanish.. 

8 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

And I'm saying this makes no sense.  If it can make things appear any way it wishes/desires/wants.. then it must be able to make things appear how it doesn't wish/desire/want.. 

I'm saying the correct thing to say is, 'it must make things appear the way it wishes/desires/wants'.. it's not a choice. 

ugh, that's just nit picky semantics. You are not one to say whether the universe has a choice ;D think about it, you have authority only over self and even that we do not know completely... 

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo who is it that 'sees through the illusion'? 

Ego is a notion that comes and goes like a whirlpool in a river.. it's there when conditions for it to exists arise, and it's not when those conditions are not the case.   The ego can not get rid of ego.. that's just more ego.   The ego can, however, vanish.. 

semantics and word games ! we all know full well what ego is and what egoic reactions are. I can see them in myself and others alike .

Edited by Dodo

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo semantics are important.  These subtle differences can be huge, especially when it comes to causing egos to disappear, as the illusion of ego often arises as a result of the language humans use.  

Consider that when we say, "I am thinking.." this gives rise to the notion of a 'thinker' in addition to 'thinking', however if we say, 'thinking is occurring', this leaves no room for any 'thinker' to creep in. 

Semantics are huge. 

7 minutes ago, Dodo said:

You are not one to say whether the universe has a choice ;

I'm one to say that 'choice' is nonsensical.  It doesn't map onto reality.