SQAAD

Does Everything Happen for a Reason or Not?

39 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, SQAAD said:

Because of mathematics after so many throws of the dice it was inevitable that there would be a universe with intelligent conscious beings.

You can impose any framework you like on reality, it doesn't mean a thing. Reality is always bigger and more complex.

Reasons and purposes are just logic like cause and effect. A reason is just the first cause, and a purpose is the final effect. But cause and effect are just mental constructs, we're in a timeless void (more constructs but closer to the truth perhaps), cause and effect are meaningless without time.

57% paranoid

@Dodo hmmm.. I don't know the difference between 'being' and 'doing'.  Isn't 'being myself' what I'm 'doing'?  Isn't anything I 'do' the same as 'how I am being' ?

"Any attempt to change what is occurring, is just more of what is already occurring." - Me

Edited by Mason Riggle

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

43 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo hmmm.. I don't know the difference between 'being' and 'doing'.  Isn't 'being myself' what I'm 'doing'?  Isn't anything I 'do' the same as 'how I am being' ?

"Any attempt to change what is occurring, is just more of what is already occurring." - Me

Yeah but what I mean is, we could just sit and meditate all day, actively not doing. 

Doing I mean events you do with body. I get your saying but there is definitely a difference between being a vegetable and doing stuff in outside world as well. 

By Outside world, i mean that which body can interact with.

-1/12 is Infinity 

17 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Yeah but what I mean is, we could just sit and meditate all day, actively not doing. 

Even 'sitting all day meditating' is 'doing something'.  ('actively not doing' is a self contradictory phrase, like 'intentionally not intending') 

You can't 'do nothing'.. trying to 'do nothing' is 'doing something'.   To 'do nothing' is to 'not exist'.. or rather 'not be'. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

Even 'sitting all day meditating' is 'doing something'.  ('actively not doing' is a self contradictory phrase, like 'intentionally not intending') 

You can't 'do nothing'.. trying to 'do nothing' is 'doing something'.   To 'do nothing' is to 'not exist'.. or rather 'not be'. 

doing is ego, being is god

when you realize there is no doer, the dream is over

THIS --happening for-- REASON

THIS and REASON are Heaven appearing as 2 things, thereby veiling Heaven's oneness and freedom.

Edited by The0Self

5 minutes ago, gettoefl said:

when you realize there is no doer, the dream is over

@gettoefl when who realizes it? Some realizer?  

Of course there's no 'doer'.. and this is why there's nothing to be done. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

2 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@gettoefl when who realizes it? Some realizer?  

Of course there's no 'doer'.. and this is why there's nothing to be done. 

in drunk mode there is a ton to be done, you party like there is no tomorrow

@gettoefl meh.. there's a lot that still happens, nothing to be done.

Even when God pretends he's not how he is (or gets himself so drunk he forgets).. that's exactly how he is. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

1 hour ago, Mason Riggle said:

just because you cant do nothing doesn't mean others cant D: There is a qualitative difference between sitting in meditation and when doing something. The magnitude of peacefulness is so much deeper when alone with the heart, no drama no mind. 

That is do nothing, and then I accept any movement because that is part of the nothingness. Uncreated, natural movement allowed. I don't sit like a statue, many tense up too much while meditating. It's the number 1 self help habit to have... Now Leo is on about other things, but for me he hit gold with the meditation habit.

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo nothing wrong with meditation.. just don't be fooled into thinking that meditating is the same as 'doing nothing'.  When a tree is growing leaves.. what part of the tree is 'doing that'? How hard is trying to grow leaves? Notice that even without a 'doer' inside the tree somewhere who 'grows leaves'.. leaves grow.   Is a tree 'doing nothing', or 'growing leaves'?  This is a silly question.. there's no 'doer'.. the tree is just being a tree. 

Growing leaves is happening, inseparable from the Singular Happening (Reality), which doesn't require a 'doer' to happen.  Who is clouding the clouds? Who is flowing the rivers? Well, it's no one.. it's all happening together.  

Am I 'doing all of that'? Well, sure I am.. the same way I shine the sun and grow my hair... that is to say.. there's no 'me' who's 'doing it'.  I am what is happening.

Edited by Mason Riggle

Just now, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo nothing wrong with meditation.. just don't be fooled into thinking that meditating is the same as 'doing nothing'.  When a tree is growing leaves.. what part of the tree is 'doing that'? How hard is trying to grow leaves? Notice that even without a 'doer' inside the tree somewhere who 'grows leaves'.. leaves grow.   Is a tree 'doing nothing', or 'growing leaves'?  This is a silly question.. there's no 'doer'.. 

Growing leaves is happening, inseparable from the singular happening, which doesn't require a 'doer' to happen.  Who is clouding the clouds? Who is flowing the rivers? Well, it's no one.. it's all happening together.  

Am I 'doing all of that'? Well, sure I am.. the same way I shine the sun and grow my hair... that is to say.. there's no 'me' who's 'doing it'.  I am what is happening.

Look Iam the consciousness which says "I am", I am is being itself, it always is being'd... But that doesnt mean your mind does not need a rest. Meditation is like performing general scans on your system. To know thyself deeply from within, you might say. I am not fooling myself into anything, as I meditate for the love of meditating itself. Meditation for me means to be aware that I am aware and sink into that feeling knowing of existence itself. Pure beingnessand isness. But sometimes the story gets very challenging and I have to start doing and I sometimes lose the calm and bliss of being! 

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo like I said, nothing wrong with meditation.. just recognize that when you meditate, that's something your organism is doing, and not something 'you' are doing, because there is no 'you'.  (yes, there is the organism called @Dodo that does what it does, but there's no 'separate you' who 'does' what your organism does.  Who is growing your hair? Well, the organism is growing hair, and it's doing that automatically. Who is thinking your thoughts? Well, the organism is thinking thoughts, and it's doing that automatically.  How hard are you trying to 'be yourself' right now? The answer is, not at all.. it's effortless.. you just 'are you'. 

5 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

@Dodo like I said, nothing wrong with meditation.. just recognize that when you meditate, that's something your organism is doing, and not something 'you' are doing, because there is no 'you'.  (yes, there is the organism called @Dodo that does what it does, but there's no 'separate you' who 'does' what your organism does.  Who is growing your hair? Well, the organism is growing hair, and it's doing that automatically. Who is thinking your thoughts? Well, the organism is thinking thoughts, and it's doing that automatically.  How hard are you trying to 'be yourself' right now? The answer is, not at all.. it's effortless.. you just 'are you'. 

Thats just mental masturbation instead of doing the actual work ;D But I am doing the same thing so. Shame on me :D 

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodo there's the opposite perspective of 'I'm doing all of it'.. in which case 'THIS' must be exactly what I want to be doing, otherwise I'd be doing something else. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

@RedLine

4 hours ago, RedLine said:

Definitely not. There is freedom and whatever thing can happen.

Do you think Gof created holocaust "for a reason"? like a colective punishment to jew people or something? that's stupid

No..but i believe that God created by mouth, my anus, my hands & etc for a very specific reason. They  serve a biological function. God is not an idiot. 'He' knows what he is doing.

Edited by SQAAD

27 minutes ago, SQAAD said:

@RedLine

No..but i believe that God created by mouth, my anus, my hands & etc for a very specific reason. They  serve a biological function. God is not an idiot. 'He' knows what he is doing.

then why, when it came to making the sex parts, did he put the playground right next door to the sewage plant!? ?

Edited by Mason Riggle

I like a lot this answer that ForestLuv gave me in an earlier post that fits nicely with this topic

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης 2021-06-08 234828.jpg

A decade or so ago I had a very potent mushroom trip where I basically got the information that they're both true, which mindfucks me to this day but it also makes perfect sense. Both are true, everything in your life is calculated and predetermined down to the last fine detail to the point where everything is perfectly known, you have no free will and you're guided through life by a force. And at the very same time, everything in your life is perfectly random, you're the one making decisions and nothing about your life will or can ever be known. The two sides go together like the in and out. It's extraordinarily paradoxical but I accepted this as a resolution then and it hasn't bothered me since.