machiavelli

Chronic bloating issue and constipation ? I feel very depressed and lost all hope.

38 posts in this topic

https://www.manipalhospitals.com/delhi/specialities/gastrointestinal-science/hydrogen-breath-test/

Only place i saw something regarding sibo.

I hope they can provide you test, i really feel for you man, this country's healthcare is shitty.  

I am facing fatigue after meal and also lot of gas and bloating.

Edited by Harikrishnan

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

India is notorious for bacteria-laced food. So this increases your odds of SIBO even more.

Consider fasting as a way to test out solutions and foods. You can fast for 3 days and see if that reduces your symptoms. Then reintroduce 1 basic food item like plain baked chicken and see if you can handle it. You need to start eating very simple foods to diagnose which is causing your problems. Stop eating complex meals with more than 1 ingredient, and keep track of how you feel after each new food you try.

SIBO is fed by carbs and sugars.

Carnivore diet is amazing for SIBO.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

India is notorious for bacteria-laced food. So this increases your odds of SIBO even more.

Consider fasting as a way to test out solutions and foods. You can fast for 3 days and see if that reduces your symptoms. Then reintroduce 1 basic food item like plain baked chicken and see if you can handle it. You need to start eating very simple foods to diagnose which is causing your problems. Stop eating complex meals with more than 1 ingredient, and keep track of how you feel after each new food you try.

SIBO is fed by carbs and sugars.

Carnivore diet is amazing for SIBO.

@Leo Gura You forget that I mentioned I am very skinny. I cant fast. I will loose weight.

Fasting is not for me.

Its hard to eliminate foods because we eat roti , all types of vegetables, rice , daal ( legumes) as staple food.

There are 1.4 billion people in india whose staple diet depend upon grains such as lentils, wheat , rice etc as main diet. Everyone eat this daily and are healthy.

You will be suprised to find what westerner claim that wheat is bad but in asia everybody eat wheat daily .Its our main crop. And most of them are very healthy on whole grain diet. They never have constipation and bloating.

If I will eliminate my staple diet what will I eat?

we dont eat like westerner. Our diet is grain based and whole food diet which incorporate fresh vegetables and rice . Together with different herbs such as turmeric , ginger, onion, coriander, etc etc.

If I will eat Low Fodmap there will be nothing left for me to eat. As our diet is grain , vegetable and legumes based.

And Indians are immune to eating bacteria laced food. Even eating unhygenic food people never fall sick here. But any westerner can get sick because they are too much into hygiene. That lowers immunity. Its a fact.

Edited by machiavelli

@Harikrishnan Thanks for replying man.  Whenever I go to any GI they prescribe proton pump inhibitors for gas. They put everyone on it without even considering any dangers if it. You go to any doctor in indian hospital first thing they will give you is ppi . For every problem they give ppi. No matter what. Without even knowing that it cause bad rebound effect.

Edited by machiavelli

56 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

There are 1.4 billion people in india whose staple diet depend upon grains such as lentils, wheat , rice etc as main diet. Everyone eat this daily and are healthy.

They eat shit and are not healthy. You just don't realize how sick people are.

You will be suprised to find what westerner claim that wheat is bad but in asia everybody eat wheat daily .Its our main crop. And most of them are very healthy on whole grain diet.

Westerners eat more wheat than Asians. It's all garbage.

If I will eliminate my staple diet what will I eat?

Meat, fats, fruits, veggies.

we dont eat like westerner. Our diet is grain based and whole food diet which incorporate fresh vegetables and rice . Together with different herbs such as turmeric , ginger, onion, coriander, etc etc.

Okay then. Keep eating what you eat and keep getting the same results you got. What is the problem then?

The first step to getting healthy is admitting to yourself that your entire culture eats poison while calling it good.

40 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They eat shit and are not healthy. You just don't realize how sick people are.

The first step to getting healthy is admitting to yourself that your entire culture eats poison while calling it good.

Why do you think anything made by nature to be eaten by humans is poison? By your logic everybody in Asia must be sick with chronic diseases if what they eat is poison. 

Whole asia eat whole plant based diet and grain based diet. You will find less sick people there as compared to westerners . Westerners have most obesity as compared to Asian counterpart.

And when whole INDIA eats whole food such as wheat, rice, legumes etc then why they all dont have diseases? Even it is one of the most populated country in the world with the population of 1.4 billions and all depend on their daily staple diet of wheat , Rice, fresh vegetables , Pulses (Legumes ) , etc etc.

Is there even a logic to consider food items made by mother nature as poisonous foods? 

Its human who poisons food crops by using fertilizers and all that chemical shit. Not nature.

Its human who eat processed food with different types of preservatives and chemicals that trigger chronic health problems. 

Its humans who are moving away from natural diet and eating highly processed diet and high sugary food items.

And our culture is oldest culture on earth. We are involved in farming since thousands of years. We gave ayurveda to the world. We never had western medicines till last 500 years. We never ever heard any case of diabetes and these all chronic diseases until late 21 century . With the advent of modern medicine we started to get more sicker and sicker. 

Its a fact . We never had any chronic diseases before. But with the advent of industrialization and rise of technology and modern medicine we started seeing new diseases that we never heard of.

We are eating these foods since last 5000 years and we were all healthy . Things changed with modernization and introduction of junk food and chemicals in our diet. 

45 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

Why do you think anything made by nature to be eaten by humans is poison?

Modern crops and foods are not made by nature, they are selectively bred and manufactured to please your reptile brain and wallet.

Not everybody is sick. People have very different genetics and different sensitivities.

YOU are sick. That's what should concern you. If YOU were healthy I wouldn't be telling you all this.

How come I care more about your health than you do? Kinda backwards, eh?

2 hours ago, machiavelli said:

Why do you think anything made by nature to be eaten by humans is poison? By your logic everybody in Asia must be sick with chronic diseases if what they eat is poison. 

Whole asia eat whole plant based diet and grain based diet. You will find less sick people there as compared to westerners . Westerners have most obesity as compared to Asian counterpart.

And when whole INDIA eats whole food such as wheat, rice, legumes etc then why they all dont have diseases? Even it is one of the most populated country in the world with the population of 1.4 billions and all depend on their daily staple diet of wheat , Rice, fresh vegetables , Pulses (Legumes ) , etc etc.

Is there even a logic to consider food items made by mother nature as poisonous foods? 

Its human who poisons food crops by using fertilizers and all that chemical shit. Not nature.

Its human who eat processed food with different types of preservatives and chemicals that trigger chronic health problems. 

Its humans who are moving away from natural diet and eating highly processed diet and high sugary food items.

And our culture is oldest culture on earth. We are involved in farming since thousands of years. We gave ayurveda to the world. We never had western medicines till last 500 years. We never ever heard any case of diabetes and these all chronic diseases until late 21 century . With the advent of modern medicine we started to get more sicker and sicker. 

Its a fact . We never had any chronic diseases before. But with the advent of industrialization and rise of technology and modern medicine we started seeing new diseases that we never heard of.

We are eating these foods since last 5000 years and we were all healthy . Things changed with modernization and introduction of junk food and chemicals in our diet. 

Think of it this way. When a person gets diarrhea, they are told to stop eating for a bit or to change their diet to help the digestive tract heal and recover. Once it is recovered it can do things that non-healthy digestive tract can't do. Right now you are asking why should I stop eating when I have diarrhea when other people who don't have diarrhea aren't stopping eating?

Does this make sense to you?

If you have an infection and your doctor gives you an antibiotic do you ask - why should I take an antibiotic for my infection when other people who don't have this infection aren't taking the antibiotic? Your logic is backwards.

Wake up, you are sick and the people you are comparing yourself to either aren't sick or are less sick and their digestive tracts can handle things you currently can't.

Who gives a shit what your staple diet is. Is your goal to eat your staples or to get healthy? It's not necessarily your staples that are causing your disease, however your staples aren't currently compatible with your disease so you have to stop them and heal first and then eventually you will be able to return some of them back.

And it's not even so simple at all - the wheat your grand grand grand grand father was eating isn't the same as the wheat you are eating now. It's been modified genetically and now your genes don't know what to do with it when you eat it and this creates an autoimmune reaction because it's being treated as a foreign object. This is no longer your staple it only looks like it, but the inside of it was changed by idiot scientists who prioritized profits over value. So you have to adapt, you have to recover, you have to heal. Your staples from 5000 years ago no longer exist so if you want to survive you need to figure out what's good for you and avoid the bad.

Everything you've tried already has failed, so you have to drop your beliefs about how health works and educate yourself because things are complicated and non-linear and your reasoning is very basic and based on very limited information. People here who've healed these issues are pointing you towards information that is effective and instead you're wasting your time trying to convince us who have healed at least to a certain degree that you who are sick are more aware of what's going on? Come on man, time's ticking.

What happens if you eat a poisonous mushroom? You die.
What happens if you eat a piece of meat that's infected by a deadly bacteria? You die.
What happens if you eat a piece of potato that's been turned into a genetic monster by a scientist? Figure it out...
We get the environment that we create. If we poison our waters our waters will be poisoned, if we poison our foods, our foods will be poisoned. We are part of our environment and our actions have consequences. There isn't some mother nature that is independent of people that keeps producing pristine goods regardless of our actions.

Edited by tatsumaru

Have u gone low foodmap when u took ayurvedic medicine?

I think you need to cut down grains, legumes,dairy,sugar.(i am currently doing it but have rice) like others above said do it for 4-8 weeks and check how it feels and slowly add one by one.  see, bulking up can be done later first heal your gut. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan I rarely eat any dairy product expect tiny amount of milk in tea.  

9 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

Have u gone low foodmap when u took ayurvedic medicine?

No. I quit my PPI medicine which I had been taking for years. My ayurvedic doc prescribed me bunch of herbs to curb down acid and to control gas and bloating and constipation. It helped partially. I took the ayurvedic medicines for 1.5 years. But have no same relief as one capsule of PPI. 
I used to wake up at night with food in my food. Terrible slow digestion. Eating parathas gave me bloating and indigestion. It felt like all those of PPI messed up my GI tract. 
So I went back to my Gastroentrologist again and he again put me on PPI so that I can eat more calories to gain weight.

At that time I was clueless about SIBO. I was having no anxiety and fear. Feeling fine. But onced I learned about SIBO. And that there is something called SIBO I am suffering from bad anxiety and panic.

I am feeling anxiety since many days. I feel really depressed as I have to gain weight. I am very underweight. 

At one hand I have to quit PPI and on other hand quitting it returns my GI symptoms with full force. And I unable to eat properly then.

So I dont know what to do. If I will go to doctor he dont know about SIBO. He even didnt tested me of H - Pylori.

I even didnt know back then that gerd is caused by H-pylori. Doctor just put me on PPI .

14 minutes ago, machiavelli said:

@Harikrishnan I rarely eat any dairy product expect tiny amount of milk in tea.  

No. I quit my PPI medicine which I had been taking for years. My ayurvedic doc prescribed me bunch of herbs to curb down acid and to control gas and bloating and constipation. It helped partially. I took the ayurvedic medicines for 1.5 years. But have no same relief as one capsule of PPI. 
I used to wake up at night with food in my food. Terrible slow digestion. Eating parathas gave me bloating and indigestion. It felt like all those of PPI messed up my GI tract. 
So I went back to my Gastroentrologist again and he again put me on PPI so that I can eat more calories to gain weight.

At that time I was clueless about SIBO. I was having no anxiety and fear. Feeling fine. But onced I learned about SIBO. And that there is something called SIBO I am suffering from bad anxiety and panic.

I am feeling anxiety since many days. I feel really depressed as I have to gain weight. I am very underweight. 

At one hand I have to quit PPI and on other hand quitting it returns my GI symptoms with full force. And I unable to eat properly then.

So I dont know what to do. If I will go to doctor he dont know about SIBO. He even didnt tested me of H - Pylori.

I even didnt know back then that gerd is caused by H-pylori. Doctor just put me on PPI .

It's NOT an unsolvable problem. Since it is very likely that it's mostly the carbs that are causing the reflux, gas and food regurgitation in your current situation it's very likely that you will be able to eat just meat without PPIs and still avoid most of your worst symptoms. This will allow you to fix your weight without the need to take your PPIs. However it is possible that you might need to take some enzymes and HCL along with that meat to help you with digestion because you might have hurt your digestion with your PPIs. However you can try a little bit of meat first without enzymes/HCL and see what happens. Instead of panicking simply read what we are telling you and realize that we have already laid a path for you to try and see if it will get you results. What's so hard about it?

Also you need to start a meditation/relaxation practice and maybe add some magnesium and ashwagandha for your stress levels because stress/anxiety makes reflux worse. For starters just realize that stress isn't going to help you heal and let it go, you aren't being chased by lions so panic/fear won't help you. You need to calm down, assess your situation and simply try a few things and tweak them around until you figure out a way to get to the next level where things will be slightly better and you will be able to do more improvements and so on. I was scared like you just the same way when I had the problems and thought that there will be nothing left for me to eat and I will die of starvation because I couldn't tolerate most foods. As you can see I am still alive 5 years later and the disease is gone. Do you want to heal or do you want to complain about the horror movies you are directing in your mind?

Edited by tatsumaru

@machiavelli if you're coming of PPIs, your doctor NEEDS to be aware of it and you need to be careful. The imminent flare-up is pretty much to be expected and the longer you've been on them the more severe it will get. During the initial days you can ask for a prescription of more gentle acid blockers such as H2 blockers or just some over the counter acid blockers (is gaviscon available in India? That could help or something of that sort) 

these can help with the transition to dropping dependence on PPIs but best way is to find a doctor who is willing to help you navigate this challenge as the last thing you want is unregulated acid reflux. 

The biggest issues with PPIs is that you pretty much lose your first line of digestion which means increased risk of malabsorbtion, b12 deficiency, iron deficiency and in long term osteopenia. 90% of stomach acid is lost and you become more susceptible to bacterial infections which can then caus e a lot of shitstorm in the proximal duodenum and further. 

You need to find a good local nutritionist or herbalist to guide you through this process. If you have the money for these services, then go for it. There are always good experts to be found. Your stage blue doctor isn't going to fix you, the poor guy has no idea what to do because he has not received any holistic training. You're in this alone but more holistic guides can always be found just make sure you don;t fall prey to some stage purple crap and snake oil salesmen. Find a certified nutritionist in India who underwent some formal training, look at their website and reviews before calling them. 

Good luck!!

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

6 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

@machiavelli if you're coming of PPIs, your doctor NEEDS to be aware of it and you need to be careful. The imminent flare-up is pretty much to be expected and the longer you've been on them the more severe it will get. During the initial days you can ask for a prescription of more gentle acid blockers such as H2 blockers or just some over the counter acid blockers (is gaviscon available in India? That could help or something of that sort) 

@tatsumaru  @Michael569 Thanks for replying. 

Actually with the help of Ayurvedic doc I managed to quit PPI . I was taking it for 5 years straight  daily 40mg pantoprazole. As I was busy in my studies in my college. So it was a really tough time as I had to focus on my academic too.

Ayurvedic doc helped me to come off PPI. I managed to wean it off slowly. But my symptoms were out control after quitting. New symptoms which I never have experienced before started like food coming in mouth while sleeping. Acidity indigestion, Loss of appetite etc. Despite taking lot of herbal antacids my problem didnt subside.
Doc kept giving me herbal antacids for 1.5 year straight. Until lot of struggling I went back to PPI. As after taking antacids three times daily my symptoms such as indigestion and bloating are not getting in control. I thought by taking ppi for 5 years I messed my stomach . My stomach now dont know how to react.

Its is said after quitting PPI rebound effect takes some time to subside. The longer you are on PPI the longer will be Rebound acid hypersecretion. But the hypersecretion didnt stopped even after 1.5 years of daily herbal antacids and different herbs.

I was very depressed . And didnt know what to do. So I went back to PPI. 

Ayurvedic medicines were also expensive as compare to one capsule of ppi. That was also the factor why I quit ayurvedic medicines.

Instead of taking lot of herbal antacids three times a day with every meal I couldnt able to get sufficient relief like on PPI.

On top of that I want to gain weight. And gaining weight needs high caloric foods which most produce acid such as sweets, ice creams, chocolate,etc

I am clueless now. Why after quitting PPI my symptoms become more bad then I first taken ppi 5 years back. It feels like PPI aggravated my problem all those years by masking the symptoms.

I never had chronic bloating before nor food coming up in mouth problem.  But after quitting PPI things got more worse than before. I cry alot now.

If I take PPI I got 70% relief. And without it with herbal antacid I get 30% relief. 

History: 5 years back My Gastro doc did endoscopy and said reports were normal. Even though test report of endoscopy showed lax las and pan gastritis.
He never said anything was wrong with me . Just asked me to take PPI . Which helped tremendously for 5 years.

Also, I had history of taking stimulant laxatives long term which was prescribed by another doc which I was completely clueless about the harms of taking it long term. After lot of research I got scared and quit it slowly. I weaned of stimulant laxatives and now take stool softeners and high fiber diet.

@tatsumaru I need someone to help me out. People have confused me more by saying you could have SIBO. I was anxiety free before. But now I have another problem to deal with. And for this even my doctors can help. There is no test for SIBO here. Nor my doctors are trained to give me medicines for it. 

I fear I will do more damage than good by taking neocymin antibiotic as all over it is written that it completely kill both good and bad bacteria of the gut. This sterilizes the gut. And could set the stage for envelopment of another diseases. Reading this I am scared.

I feel fear doing it myself. Also I buying herbal antibiotics off the net is expensive. I searched on amazon for herbal antibiotic such as Oregano extract , Neem extract , etc But there is no single product which I can buy here on amazon which contains all the anti microbial herbs. So only thing left is buy separate product for each herb. Which is too costly.

We are helping you out. As you can see we are answering your questions for free.

The only reason why you weren't scared taking the PPIs is because you thought that your doctor knew what he was doing. Now you realized that doctors are also people and like other people they can also be stupid idiots and therefore you need to learn about health for yourself and you are overwhelmed.

I understand that this is shocking, it was shocking for me too.

You lived your whole life with this belief that if something bad happens doctors will protect you but now you realize there's no one to protect you and this truth can be a bitter pill to swallow.

Even though you are alone, we are here and we are helping you which is more that can be said for someone who doesn't even know this forum exists and has the same problems. So start by appreciating the fact that you have access to smart people for free who are helping you and then accept your reality that you will have to learn about your health and fix it on your own.

Right now you are overwhelmed by all this information - "Do I have SIBO, Do I have SIFO, Do I have H.Pylori. OMG OMG OMG, Where do I start, OMG OMG OMG I am so overwhelmed!!?!?"

Listen I get it, in the beginning it's tough, but when you start learning about it you will start making sense of all this and you will see that it's manageable and that you can handle this knowledge.

I gave you a simple experiment to try - eat a little bit of well cooked lean meat (20-50g) maybe a piece of steak or a little chicken breast and see how you react to it. Don't eat anything else with it. Have you done this experiment? If so what were the results? Did you get less bloating, acid and gas compared to when you are eating your usual foods? If yes, then you've found a food that you can eat that doesn't cause you as much problems. Once you have this you need to figure out a way to safely wean yourself off of PPIs either with your doctor, or find someone who is an expert with this.
For now don't concern yourself with antibiotics and herbal supplements, just try this simple experiment in order to determine what is your safe food. Then you will build from there.

https://www.skirsch.io/sibo/

Insights from Mark Pimentel on the treatment of SIBO

Edited by Harikrishnan