Terell Kirby

We Are Immortal !

7 posts in this topic

After a week of intense meditation, I’ve finally grasps what it truly means to be immortal. Through direct consciousness, I realized that the “I” deemed as Self is not located anywhere in my present experience. Therefore, whatever happens to the body that appears in my consciousness is a happening that applies to the body, and not the “I” that is my True Self.

That includes death and injury. This not only applies to physical phenomenon but also mental and emotional...the thoughts and feelings are just appearances in consciousness  and not personal to the “I” that is True Self. Everything is simply being witnessed by a Being that can’t be pointed to...that being is us!

Not being located in time and space truly feels like bliss/heaven! This is a fresh insight that I will have to deepen..but had to get the excitement out in some kind of way. We cannot lose our existence...because existence is infinite. We are existence...we are immortal.

Edited by Terell Kirby

That being is You.

Wonderful, Thanks!

Greg 

:)

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

7 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

After a week of intense meditation, I’ve finally grasps what it truly means to be immortal. Through direct consciousness, I realized that the “I” deemed as Self is not located anywhere in my present experience. Therefore, whatever happens to the body that appears in my consciousness is a happening that applies to the body, and not the “I” that is my True Self.

That includes death and injury. This not only applies to physical phenomenon but also mental and emotional...the thoughts and feelings are just appearances in consciousness  and not personal to the “I” that is True Self. Everything is simply being witnessed by a Being that can’t be pointed to...that being is us!

Not being located in time and space truly feels like bliss/heaven! This is a fresh insight that I will have to deepen..but had to get the excitement out in some kind of way. We cannot lose our existence...because existence is infinite. We are existence...we are immortal.

?

Let it all go... even the idea of an immortal being that cannot be pointed to, but seems to exist outside of time and space.

Let these deeply held beliefs go completely or rather see clearly there unreality.

Edited by VeganAwake

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

@Terell Kirby Good insights.

7 hours ago, Terell Kirby said:

Everything is simply being witnessed by a Being that can’t be pointed to...that being is us!

'Being witnessed' is also duality, go deeper with the investigation of the direct experience. Not two.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

Thank you all for the feedback. An even deeper realization is one of an infinite dream state. Awakening is not waking up from the dream, but waking up to the dream. We are forever in this thing...no escape in sight :)

@Terell Kirby Why would you want to escape? It's bliss ?

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.

@Eternal Unity so true! I guess one would only want to escape if they thought it was actually real in the first place lol. Mankind has been the biggest fools in this regard, me included. It just feels so real...