The White Belt

Passion From A Spiritual Point Of View.

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys.

I was wondering, that if you have a passion, what signs can show that it is genuine?

For examples if you want to use it to serve other people rather than just yourself, is it more spiritually grounded?

Do enlightened people want anything else other than just to be enlightened? Do they want to contribute to the less fortunate?

Thanks.

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki

True passion comes from a source beyond you. True passion IS already spiritual, although it might not seem like it until you do a few years of serious spiritual practice.

It's a pure desire to create, to share, to delight others -- independent of any material reward.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Leo.. Every time I think about spiritual enlightenment my mind keeps creating a very false image of what it is. It's like it's telling me to not follow the path even a little because I'll have to give up what I love. I know on an intellectual level this isn't true but I keep taking it all out of context. How can I stop this? 

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few” 
― Shunryu Suzuki