Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raffaella

Dealing With Negative Emotions/thoughts

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a question about negative thoughts. Leo says that we do not have to resist them , that we do not have to push them away and that we need to experience them.

But, when I am trapped into them, I cannot DO what he says, and simply do not know HOW to do it. And go on trying not to feel them or think them.

Any concrete suggestions?

Raffaella

What do you do while experiencing negative thoughts or feelings?  

In reality you cannot run away or hide you have to face it allow it and accept it. the more you try to run awsy the more hurt you will be 

Self acceptance and awareness has to be practiced.

I've heard it's good to ask yourself in your mind if those negative thoughts are good for you in a positive way instead of forcing them positive. This way you can slowly develop into more positive thinking.

@Raffaella Takes LOTS of practice.

So get started! ;)

You need to practice active ALLOWING! When a negative emotion comes up, just recognize it and try to allow it fully, rather than resisting it the way you normally do.

Yes, it ain't easy at first. After all, there's no one in control in that skull of yours. It's empty if you haven't noticed yet ;) Nevertheless, it's still possible to open up and allow.

You can even actively ENJOY the deepest suffering. Like your dog dies, and your heart is broken, and you ENJOY it! That's the ultimate goal, but it will take you awhile to get there.

You do realize, right?, that you can ENJOY any suffering. You can do it instantly at any time simply by deciding to. The problem is, it's extremely counter-intuitive and you have limiting beliefs telling you its not right or not possible.

There is no HOW. You just have want to enjoy it and remember to do it.

Next time you feel terrible, simply ask yourself, "Can I allow myself to enjoy this?"

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.