Raptorsin7

Is Not Wanting Children A Sign Of Trauma

23 posts in this topic

Could trauma be a reason why someone might have a resistance to becoming a parent? Yes.

Is that typically the case? No.

Most often, it's just a preference. 

It seems to me that nature knows what it's doing. The human population is getting to the point where it's elevated above what's normal for the species.

So, I think lots of people don't want kids as a deeper instinct that enables us to balance out our population as a species in future generation. 

It's kind of like how certain animals and plants respond in a feedback loop with nature. And if the populations of one species get too high, there tends to be other things in the feedback loop that balances the population out. 

I see the desire to have fewer or no children as an outgrowth of our more instinctual awareness about what's balanced. 

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

Thinking that is trauma can be because you are trying to explain why you do not want to have children when you think (because of society, etc) you should.

I was thinking about having/not having children for years, and at the end I decided not to have. You should decide this things, because the default position is to have children because of pressure from society and how easy is to get pregnant.

I got a vasectomy at age 33 having no children. The doctor scheduled an ultrasound check before that in a hope, I think, that I will think about it in the meantime and I will not come back.

I did all the tests and got my vasectomy. I cried a few months latter watching Leo´s video on Reproduction is an illusion.

Positive side: I felt empowered that I am able to make that decision because of the place I live in (Spain and private health insurance), Down side: I have only shared this with one close friend because society is still not ready for this. Even for my open minded friend is difficult I digest I think.

My point is, self esquire about it. And make your decision, because we know what the default is...

12 hours ago, Willie said:

xDxDxD
Damn, that was harsh.

Haha. Great short tv series, it’s on YouTube if youre interested: