Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Origins

dominating an entire industry or just as much of it as possible

2 posts in this topic

Interested in conversations with the creative ambitious that have "both halves" of their brain going. Being open minded about the quality of folk on this forum

don't worry about your position, as long as you're creative and driven in this sense I'd like to exchange ideas with you.

What systems have you created / are creating?

What kinds of books do you read outside of cliche books (i.e. art of war, overly popularised books like 48 laws of power that the misled villagers buy and religiously pray to)? 

What is your intersectional industry focus? (i.e. which changes from industry to industry --- i.e. for music - if you're just an artist, you just need music and you can sell your soul to an "agency" that will advertise you as an "artist", this agency may be good/not --- at the industry dominance level we have the intersection between recording base, streaming base, creativity base, contract base, fanbase, product base, leap industry base (i.e. film, advertising). Those are the main 7 pillars / bases. If you dominate on all 7 levels you most likely dominate the industry)

what is your mindset prioritisation (again changes from industry to industry - i.e. for music - broadly: fanbase instead of customer base, competing streaming platforms instead of store, merchandise instead of external products, brand image more than consumer perception, trend setting more than trend finding, creative legacy more than brand legacy)?

if you don't have strong ambitions here and you're not creative feel free to just follow this discussion though if you're still interested in it 

keeping it casual, better to talk via PM though happy to discuss here

doesn't matter how foreign your industry is just as long as you're able to creatively relate or creatively elaborate because then i'll at least be able to connect it with my industry

This is so all over the place that I'm having trouble even figuring out what you're asking. The title is about dominating an industry, then you talk about creating systems, then about what books you read, and about 3 other loosely related topics by the end of the post. It feels like a bunch of words like "intersectional industry focus" and "mindset prioritization" are just shoved in here.