Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rilles

Some Contemplations On Life/Birth/Memory

22 posts in this topic

I have no memory of being born. I can only remember back to maybe around age 3. 

There is no evidence I have ever existed before my life began. This life is everything I can remember experiencing. 

Since memory began around age 3 does that mean I existed before that? If I was 1 years old but dont remember it did I really experience it?

How do I know that it wasnt just memory that began around age 3 and that "I" (whatever I am) have always existed but dont remember it because memory is finite? Maybe "my life" is just a string of finite memories in a longer string.

Btw. Yes, other people tell me I was born but I brush that aside for a moment when looking at direct experience. 

Just some contemplation. Dont take it too seriously. Im probably deluded. xD

Dont look at me! Look inside!

memory begins when your ego begins to exist. before the ego there is no memory. an unlimited brilliant soup of purity that is and that does not pass, without time. the ego shapes it, limits it for a time, and then releases it. If you identify with the form you will die, if you do it with the substance, no. well, you won't do it anyway since the shape is nothing, an empty pattern. But the pattern is "you", without pattern there is not you, so "you" are going to die. that's how I see it

Edited by Breakingthewall

This depends on the definition or "exist" and "consciousness". 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

7 minutes ago, Someone here said:

This depends on the definition or "exist" and "consciousness". 

Yes, and that makes it even messier. xD

I would start from contemplating what is memory. Memory is the thoughts about the past. What is the past? It's a thought. Memory is the thoughts about the thought. So, to know what is memory we have to see what is a thought. By trying to give any definition to a thought we will come up with another thought, vicious circle. We have to investigate the direct experience and see the source of any thought, who you really are.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

2 minutes ago, allislove said:

What is the past?

The past is the memory. The memory is not a though about the past, is the past. Without though there is no time. The group of thoughts that form your memory are so real than your body. they are a solid, living energy pattern. the karma that is so difficult to transcend

@Breakingthewall

There is nothing solid/real/difficult about existence. Only thinking makes it seems so. Yep, we can say that memory is the past, still the answer is the same, the answer is actual you.

25 minutes ago, allislove said:

I would start from contemplating what is memory. Memory is the thoughts about the past. What is the past? It's a thought. Memory is the thoughts about the thought. So, to know what is memory we have to see what is a thought. By trying to give any definition to a thought we will come up with another thought, vicious circle. We have to investigate the direct experience and see the source of any thought, who you really are.

Yes, what a good question, what the hell is memory, thats gonna be a new lane I will start contemplating down. 

1 hour ago, allislove said:

There is nothing solid/real/difficult about existence. Only thinking makes it seems so.

agreed. There is not but seems very real. I was just at the dentist and suddenly I have seen. everything is the same, I am a patron the substance of everything, nothing real, nothing solid. Nothing is personal, there is not i. I have thought, what nonsense I wrote about everything being solid. but in a while it will look solid again. So in a sense it is solid, really stable. 

Edited by Breakingthewall

@Breakingthewall

Yep, again&again caught in believing that we are separate, we are not. We can break that wall. Thank you for reminding ?

11 minutes ago, allislove said:

Yep, again&again caught in believing that we are separate,

I am in that believing 99 of time, even i know it's not true. the wall is blurred and seen through, but not completely broken. I see that such a complete break is possible. How do you live without that wall? it must be strange

@Breakingthewall

I am pretty sure that you know that the wall is imaginary, self made by believing that we are just human beings. There is already no wall, never was, never will be. I would say it's strange to pretending that there is a wall where there is none. With self realization nothing changes, but everything is different. We can say that with or without wall everything is the same, but attitude is different.

Hope you had a great time at the dentist :D 

the wall is created by us but that does not mean that it ceases to be real. when the wall is blurred it is seen that there is no time, that all reality is the same "thing", but when the wall is, it is impossible to see beyond the thoughts. and since 99.9 ....% of humanity has that wall in front of their face, we can say that it exists. Really i want to break it, because the moments without it are wonderful. at the dentist very well! deep meditation aided by drills. 

On 4/4/2021 at 9:33 PM, Rilles said:

I have no memory of being born. I can only remember back to maybe around age 3. 

There is no evidence I have ever existed before my life began. This life is everything I can remember experiencing. 

Since memory began around age 3 does that mean I existed before that? If I was 1 years old but dont remember it did I really experience it?

How do I know that it wasnt just memory that began around age 3 and that "I" (whatever I am) have always existed but dont remember it because memory is finite? Maybe "my life" is just a string of finite memories in a longer string.

Btw. Yes, other people tell me I was born but I brush that aside for a moment when looking at direct experience. 

Just some contemplation. Dont take it too seriously. Im probably deluded. xD

What is the identical point between so called deep sleep and so called birth?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

22 minutes ago, James123 said:

What is the identical point between so called deep sleep and so called birth?

What do you mean by identical point? Could you clarify?

10 minutes ago, Rilles said:

What do you mean by identical point? Could you clarify?

What happens during so called deep sleep and before birth? What is there? Is there any time, memory, you, god, universe or life? 

Just now, James123 said:

What happens during so called deep sleep and before birth? What is there? Is there any time, memory, you, god, universe or life? 

During sleep there is nothing, its so nothing that I dont even experience it, I just fall asleep, have a dream, and then wake up.

Before life there was absolutely nothing, atleast that I know of. 

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

During sleep there is nothing, its so nothing that I dont even experience it, I just fall asleep, have a dream, and then wake up.

Is there any before life during so called deep sleep? 

19 minutes ago, James123 said:

Is there any before life during so called deep sleep? 

Theres nothing during deep sleep. 

Just now, Rilles said:

Theres nothing during deep sleep. 

Thats what you are. As before so called birth, and if you dont think it is now. Enlightenment is simply being where you already are.