krockerman

Kurt Cobain. The ultimate stage green bad boy?

15 posts in this topic

Unlike someone like john lenon he is way more edgy, rebellious, does what he wants, his music is also way more polarising 

John Lennon is much more sweet and soft. Much more of the nice guy kind. 

Who is in general more attractive to stage green girls and in what context? 

Kurt was more real and authentic, he had a lot of shadow and he embraced it, he didn’t try to hide his darkness.  Whereas John Lennon portrayed a nice guy image but had a bad temper behind closed doors. 
I like Kurts persona and would be more attracted to him, his appearance is a bit too a scruffy for my liking though, but some girls like the scruff look. 

Edited by intotheblack

I don't like Kurt Cobain. He does not have the bad boy look, more like a homeless druggie look. 

Kurt was more authentic but lacked masculine. More teeny punky.. 

No way Lennon. He had a creepy look and was an asshole to his girlfriends known for beating. And temper. 

If I have to pick one sexy star from that time, it has to be Vanilla Ice. 

He was cool and sexy looking but one hit wonder. 

Also INXS lead Michael Hutchence has a wild bad boy look, although a bit feminine. 

Ricky Martin also has a rogue suave look but he is gay, so that puts the attraction to rest. 

Enrique Iglesias has that latino hot look but he is too skinny and timid looking, lacking masculine vigor. 

Basically the pop industry emasculates men or emasculated men generally enter the industry. 

Not a good look overall. All of them. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 hour ago, krockerman said:

Unlike someone like john lenon he is way more edgy, rebellious, does what he wants, his music is also way more polarising 

John Lennon is much more sweet and soft. Much more of the nice guy kind. 

Who is in general more attractive to stage green girls and in what context? 

I've heard some really gnarly things about John Lennon. Far more gnarly than what I've heard about Kurt Cobain.

One example, John Lennon had said that he wished he had had sex with his mother before she died. Like he was lamenting the missed opportunity. And otherwise, lots of accounts of him being a pretty abusive father to his son... and also abusive to his partners.

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

1 hour ago, Preety_India said:

Basically the pop industry emasculates men or emasculated men generally enter the industry. 

Yeah, maybe some of them are a bit toooo feminine, but I think it’s just how they are portrayed with singing. I never was that attracted to the male singers, I was more likely to fancy an actor, rather than a singer. 

When I was younger I loved Heath ledger and Ryan gosling.  

Edited by intotheblack

@Preety_India how is Kurt Cobain "emasculated"? I understand that it's mostly a matter of personal preference and is highly subjective, but still. I mean, he is obviously not a macho man, but I wouldn't say that he lacks masculinity either.

Also do you classify rock music with all of its subgenres as pop industry?

Edited by BornToBoil

Sometimes the only thing you have to doubt is your own common sense

8 minutes ago, BornToBoil said:

but wouldn't say that he lacks masculinity either.

I actually found Kurt to be quite masculine and he has a strong character. Actually I think he’s a good example of a man showing strength and vulnerability.  Just unfortunately he spiralled out of control. 

Edited by intotheblack

15 minutes ago, BornToBoil said:

@Preety_India how is Kurt Cobain "emasculated"? I understand that it's mostly a matter of personal preference and is highly subjective, but still. I mean, he is obviously not a macho man, but I wouldn't say that he lacks masculinity either.

Also do you classify rock music with all of its subgenres as pop industry?

I actually meant the whole music industry, because most of what is marketed is pop so I used the word pop. But I meant the whole. 

Everyone has a preference when it comes to what looks masculine to them. I find Kurt less masculine, because he doesn't look Macho enough, once again for some people this is not a factor in counting masculine, but for me I need the Macho factor to find a guy masculine enough. Doesn't mean that he needs to have a tough body, just average is fine. But he got to have the hard killer look. 

Well Kurt kinda lacks there. He has a weak boy image in my mind, someone who is wasted, I mean the drugged look on his face ?, it makes him look lazy. And the scruff makes him look tired, fatigued and dehydrated. 

The long hair doesn't look masculine in my appearance. It makes him look lazy or uninterested, living by the sidelines kinda look. He doesn't look stern enough. 

Like not in charge kinda male. 

I find men who I typically see as masculine as the one who are ready or in charge. They don't look scruffy. Having a beard is fine, but there are ways to keep a beard, it can look dirty scruffy and lazy or it can look well groomed, depending on how it's trimmed. Also the tense look on Kurt's face, a mark of struggles etc is not a good look. Good for his music but not good for masculinity 

Do I want to see a man in pain? No not at all. I want to see him ready to take over me and grab me. 

But a drunken look is not going to fit into that masculine romantic fantasy I imagine. 

So from my side, It's a no Kurt in the department of masculinity. 

@Preety_India I see. I am not going to say that your way of evaluating masculinity is right or wrong since it all comes down to personal preferences. Personally, I think that wether a man is masculine or not should be judged by his character and not how he looks. 

37 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I actually meant the whole music industry, because most of what is marketed is pop so I used the word pop. But I meant the whole. 

You are definitely wrong here imo, even as generalization. Maybe it's because women usually listen to music that is overall more feminine so you have that picture in your mind. You aren't going to call guys from "the king and the gester", "rammstein", or "sabaton" emasculated, are you?

Edited by BornToBoil

@BornToBoil I have criteria for both looks and character. 

Here I was only talking about looks. 

If a guy looks masculine but doesn't act masculine in character, that's a huge problem and I will lose attraction instantly. 

Masculinity in character as a personal preference for me means a whole dictionary of things. I can enlist a few like - toughness, resilience, protective, growth oriented, Strong, decisive, motivating, attentive, focused and there are many many  many many many endless list. 

You have a valid point about bands you're talking about although I never ever heard them.. 

But I'm aware that hard rock and metal can appear masculine 

The thing is they never appear on mainstream radio. 

So if I have to say mainstream music  then it's generally masculine hyper females like Lady Gaga and feminine boy toy guys like Justin Bieber are a major share of the market. 

Kurt is somewhere in between in that range. 

The more masculine men are probably in the heavy music but then again it's not attractive because they are masculine in a rather crude caveman way, which again is not tacit masculinity, more awkward and explicit. 

Would I like to talk to such a guy? I think I might get bored with his extra large hairy chest. 

Men in between are lovely, easy on the heart, mind and easy on the eyes. 

@Preety_India

7 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

The more masculine men are probably in the heavy music but then again it's not attractive because they are masculine in a rather crude caveman way, which again is not tacit masculinity, more awkward and explicit. 

Would I like to talk to such a guy? I think I might get bored with his extra large hairy chest. 

Again you are judging them by appearance. Many of those arists, at least those who I listen to are real romantics inside :)

Edited by BornToBoil

Just now, BornToBoil said:

@Preety_India

Again you are judging them by appearance. Many of those arists, at least those who I listen to are real romantics inside :)

Yep I'm judging by appearance because appearance is all I get to see from far. 

Nirvana had some good hits and that genre of music really arrived at the perfect time in culture, but jesus christ I don't think there has ever been a band more overrated except maybe like, Green Day?

Try listening to any full Nirvana album, besides the hits that everyone knows they are absolute GARBAGE.

Also it feels like a lot more Stage Red to me, especially Kurt. It feels reactive to growing into Stage Blue but that's just the quick impression I get I may be wrong.

hrhrhtewgfegege

I know this sounds super rude. 

I think he is only famous because he committed suicide. 

There I said it. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

I know this sounds super rude. 

I think he is only famous because he committed suicide. 

There I said it. 

No that's not rude, it's quite a common thing in media culture.

Idk how old you are or if you payed attention to Western culture at the time, but even before he killed himself they were RIDICULOUSLY popular and on the rise to go even higher, which is also what made his suicide such a big deal.

hrhrhtewgfegege