PepperBlossoms

Y'all Ever Get Tired of Being Serious?

3 posts in this topic

Do y'all ever get tired of being serious and just want to be silly?

Silly news anchors, silly meetings with clients and coworkers, silly relationships?

Maybe I've shelled myself from being silly by not considering it as an option and being too shy/focused on other things - to where the pendulum just swings from serious to silly- the tight shoe of being serious all the time sometimes gets too tight - maybe the people around us are also mostly serious so we don't expose ourselves to silly very often - or we haven't tried identifying all the ways silly exposes itself and opportunities to be silly.

Was laughing in a training at work - we were doing a role play and I was the pretend employee talking to the pretend client saying we were a month and a half behind on schedule and going to be Xk over budget and I was just silly about it instead of serious -- and I thought - man why is everyone so serious?  (Maybe that's just what I have been limiting myself to see).

News anchors could be comedians.

Politicians could use some silliness too.  Teachers can be more silly.

I guess if our egos keep on getting hurt/upset over things - we tend to be serious.  Silliness is a funny, weird thing!

Maybe we like silliness but can only take it so much.. not sure.  If someone else is silly but we are upset, we may tend to reject silly.

To be silly, we'd have to throw out the "wanting to be taken seriously" and have peers who don't care about that either.

I guess most people tried to be funny but then it failed I guess because probably the winter is coming.