theinevitableandi

Nobody Has Time To Watch Your Videos Leo

29 posts in this topic

Personally I completely agree with Leo's last video, people definitely need to make a commitment to self mastery even if they commit to nothing else in life.

That being said I also watch most of his videos on double speed except when an exercise comes up. So I can certainly understand people finding it long, and can't say I wouldn't agree at times. ;)

I have always appreciated - well prepared -  carefully thought out - and - clearly delivered presentations.

Having taught school for several years, I can really appreciate the work Leo does for his presentations.

In many cases people watch presentations to see if there is "something in it" for them.

In my case, there is only curiosity as to what this person has to say and how does it relate to my understanding of life.

I also in some weird sense feel myself to be the person in front of the camera as if I am the person making the video.  There is definitely a feeling of inclusiveness and understanding.   This is part of the mystery of direct contact in communication.

joy :)

Does anyone use Leo's videos as a jumping off point? I watch the videos and then I start to do my own research, note taking, reading, practice, etc... @Leo Gura  is this a effective way to do the necessary personal development work? 

I can't believe myself sometimes. 

@The Alchemist I can really see your point of giving up on him BUT. He has to get it himself. He is still a teenager, so he is boycotting every single thing his relatives tell him, obviously including you. Speaking from my experience as im 16 too, but im a bit more outgoing (i guess?), you "forcing" him to watch the video will automatically make him hate it as everything else. With my previous understanding of life, i would do that too honestly, but it took me watching one of Leo´s video to get to a another place in my mindset. Hope he will eventually go this way, because he got a great brother to help him with this i see :) (Also, maybe the insecurities about his weight and stuff will overflow and finally get his ass up) 

@goodguy thank you goodguy, I like deep and long videos of Leo. They were my favorite videos, I watched them not only one but more than at least 3 times, I could find time for that. 

2 hours ago, Avi said:

Does anyone use Leo's videos as a jumping off point? I watch the videos and then I start to do my own research, note taking, reading, practice, etc... @Leo Gura  is this a effective way to do the necessary personal development work? 

Yes, that's what I'd hope you'd be doing.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

2 hours ago, Avi said:

That's exactly what I do :)

17 hours ago, pete said:

Anyways thats true nobody wants to hear a dude yelling at them . lollers The funny part is that i stumbled upon your meditation / mindfulness videos while being high . Haha I couldn't put my judgements asides about this "weird guy" telling me that everything is im doing is wrong.. until one day i got high on, helped me just relax and decided to give your video another shot . The mindfulness concept about stepping outside of yourself and seeing yourself in a nonjudgemental way really shocked me !! I could see how I would interpret events and start storytelling all day. I was always storytelling / daydreaming mostly all day...  We are prisoners of the mind ! I can't believe it seriously .... Is the Human condition really that what  we believe we are is only a thought 

I've had my awareness expanded as well. I didn't realize until I started looking back a month later. I didn't know what was happening. I just intuitively knew I wasn't wasting my time by watching these longs videos one at a time. It's like there is a before and after. I don't know who else I would be without that impact.

I believe there is nothing as valuable as expanding a persons awareness and making him aware of the choices he can make. Even if Leo were to be gone right now I would be in an empowered place to make my decisions from.

PS:
don't go :P

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

On 10.2.2016. at 0:15 PM, Leo Gura said:

I try to pack them full of juicy insights. The recent video about the human knowledge graph was like 6 years of intense research packed into 60 minutes, lol. There was a lot more than needed to be said in that one, but it just runs too long.

It's hard to balance between depth vs brevity and depth vs practicality. A 60+ minute video is exhausting to shoot and much fewer people will click on it than a 30 minute video which is much easier to shoot. Not only that, but it starts to get so abstract that people don't understand how to act on it, and then it just becomes more beliefs in the knowledge graph.

Which is why in the last video I asked people to make a long-term commitment to understanding.

You can make parts of one video, 20 minutes each. Or something like that. Just when it becomes really interesting, you make a break there and say something like "That's all for the part one..." In that way things become mysterious. People like mysteries :D