freejoy

AI with free will?

11 posts in this topic

Think we can build an AI with free will?

I think so or pretty close.

@freejoy The question isn't about free will just awareness. Build awareness and you may have free will, don't build awareness and you won't have free will. Most people that don't believe in free will are as a byproduct saying they don't really believe in awareness. Kind of humorous. I don't know anyone that really knows what awareness is. I could build a model but not enough that the model is self aware. It's a case of "maybe later". 

@freejoy when it comes to machines there is definitely no free will isn't it, its certainly obvious. Okay yes a.i can do things that human cannot do and get efficient and all, but its just an algorithm based thing, as soon as it's inside the algorithm it's programmed so its determined. So i don't think machine or a.i will reach free will!!

Intresting thought, tho!!!

Edited by Dark_White
Grammatical mistake

@Origins I'm not sure we can create awareness.

On one AI YouTube supposedly an Enlightened One implied that consciousness might incarnate into an AI.

Right now I tend to lean toward reincarnation. I'm not sure we ever return back into nothingness. We'll probably always have some kind of vehicle (body) to natigate our reality.

"Free Will" is (contains) everything including AI. So, it's not like AI with "Free Will", it is "Free Will" with (is) AI.

Investigate the direct experience and find out what "Free Will" points to.

What a dream, what a joke, love it   :x

I think therefore i am the product of an algorithm. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 hour ago, Victor van Rijn said:

Check out these perspectives on AI by Bashar:

Never seen Bashar before. Very interesting. Thanks

If machines can't get free will, we humans aren't free either, since we're also electric machines.

Artificial / natural is a distinction made by humans. A duality. If your consciousness is elevated enough it will collapse (like all other dualities for that matter, including free will vs pre-determined/random will.

If you build a machine with complex enough neural networks build on complex enough algorithms run on sophisticated enough hardware, then sure, apparant free will as a phenomenon will emerge, just like it did in biological life (humans). 

It'll take some years still, but no doubt it will happen.

But what's REALLY going on is that everything is actually intelligently designed -- the whole of 'IT' is God/Love/Consciousness which is infinite in every way, including 'will' - it's will is so infinitely eternally powerful, that it can make up stuff with seemingly 'no free will', e.g. stones, clouds, bacteria, trees, fishes, birds, dogs, apes, humans (opps, we do have free will all of a sudden?).

It's magic. The stones and trees and mosquitos can also be said to have free will in the sense that they -- like everything else -- are God manifested in form, i.e it's you and it's all your doing/imagination and the answer is always LOVE ❤️❤️❤️

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.