Flowerfaeiry

What are you supposed to do while building your life purpose?

22 posts in this topic

We've all heard it but, my job sucks. It is draining the life out of me and it is very difficult to work on my life purpose. I really cannot live my life like this for the next several years while building my life purpose. Heck I can hardly keep doing this job for the next week. I really don't like complaining about my job though, it's just hitting that point again where I'm super fed up. 

How, how can I muster up the strength to do my art and work this draining job? What did you do to build your life purpose while also working a job you hated? Any tips are appreciated...<3 

"You Create Magic" 

Can your art eventually earn a comfortable income for you? 

I've been just where you're at.

My advice is to work on decreasing your bills to as low as possible. You can get on DSHS EBT, to cover your food costs. Can get food at the local food banks, to save on $. Once on EBT, you can get free smart phone and free cell service through Safelink. They help with bus fares as well. Use as many program services as you can. You can find communal homes that have lower house costs. You can get a van and do van living, that's rent free. Maybe find a friend with a spare room that you can trade the room for doing work around the house. Whatever you can do to get your monthly bills as low as you can. That way you don't have to earn as much per month to survive, and may not even need a job to live comfortably. Then you can put all your time into building your art into something that brings in an income. 

You can do it. I haven't worked for a company/someone else since 2009. I liked fashion and making festival outfits, so started a fashion business, working out of a basement, and only selling on Etsy. Within a year I had 4 employees, selling worldwide. Within 2 years, I was making enough to give myself a income. 

16 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

Can your art eventually earn a comfortable income for you? 

Down the road, yes. Right now, no. 

17 minutes ago, Sempiternity said:

You can do it. I haven't worked for a company/someone else since 2009. I liked fashion and making festival outfits, so started a fashion business, working out of a basement, and only selling on Etsy. Within a year I had 4 employees, selling worldwide. Within 2 years, I was making enough to give myself a income. 

That's inspiring. I'm still growing the skills I need to excel at my life purpose. In two years though, I could definitely be somewhere. 

"You Create Magic" 

I don't know where you're at, but for me I've found that I was dealing with too much emotional and psychological baggage to focus on life purpose, trauma work, and survival all at the same time.  I'm working on fixing my emotional and interpersonal life at the moment to get to a point where life feels easy enough working a regular job such that I can then spend time on my life purpose.

Of course, I'm not saying I won't work on my lfie purpose, or that these strategies need to be a clear cut and dry decision.  I'll concentrate on one aspect, but also feel things out as I go along.  So if I feel like doing some life purpose stuff, I can do that for a little bit (maybe a little contemplation in the afternoon, or maybe even explore some new activity or project), but then I'll always be looking and feeling inward to see what is the best place to put my efforts.

I think that's also a key as well: having a plan while also feeling things out as you go along and being adaptable.  Moment to moment, day to day, etc.

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins

4 hours ago, Matt23 said:

I don't know where you're at, but for me I've found that I was dealing with too much emotional and psychological baggage to focus on life purpose, trauma work, and survival all at the same time.  I'm working on fixing my emotional and interpersonal life at the moment to get to a point where life feels easy enough working a regular job such that I can then spend time on my life purpose.

Of course, I'm not saying I won't work on my lfie purpose, or that these strategies need to be a clear cut and dry decision.  I'll concentrate on one aspect, but also feel things out as I go along.  So if I feel like doing some life purpose stuff, I can do that for a little bit (maybe a little contemplation in the afternoon, or maybe even explore some new activity or project), but then I'll always be looking and feeling inward to see what is the best place to put my efforts.

I think that's also a key as well: having a plan while also feeling things out as you go along and being adaptable.  Moment to moment, day to day, etc.

I'm more wondering you deal with the difficulty of working a full time job, a tiring one at that, and building your purpose at the same time?

"You Create Magic" 

If you don't mind sharing, what's your art that you want to do full time, and what's your life purpose? 

12 hours ago, Sempiternity said:

what's your art that you want to do full time, and what's your life purpose? 

My art is music and performance art. My purpose is "using my love of creative self expression to inspire others to discover their unique gifts". That looks like sharing my creativity with others. I'd love to do music for improv shows or other performances. I also love public speaking and down the road I want to do comedy. All things that take a long time to hone! 

"You Create Magic" 

1 minute ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

My art is music and performance art. My purpose is "using my love of creative self expression to inspire others to discover their unique gifts". That looks like sharing my creativity with others. I'd love to do music for improv shows or other performances. I also love public speaking and down the road I want to do comedy. All things that take a long time to hone! 

Very cool!

I have a friend, Pepper Proud of Yaima, of one of my favorite bands in the Northwest. She's a total sweetheart and loves to talk with people about the business and how to make it. Maybe she can give some good pointers.

https://www.pepperproud.com/about

Wish you all the best on making your dreams come true!

@Flowerfaeiry You would probably first want to find a better job.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

14 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I'm more wondering you deal with the difficulty of working a full time job, a tiring one at that, and building your purpose at the same time?

Ya, I'd probably agree with Leo here in finding a job that is less taxing.  Like for me, I found a job that pays well so I can work 3 shifts a week.  I'm making enough money to get buy (not saving a lot) so I can concentrate my spare time on personal development and healing stuff.  I also feel like all my spare time isn't just spent on recuperating from work, as is usually the case with a full-time schedule for me.  If you can make that happen, this might be a wise decision (unless you're saving up for a strategic purchase which you could see as providing even more energy and free time further down the road).  

But if you're really keen on doing the full-time job you have at the moment while working on your life purpose, it sounds like grinding it out is the main way I see.  Which is where boosting your energy and health would come in.  So supplements, exercise, discipline, and a strict and healthy recovery and relaxation schedule.  

I'd just try to get a healthy balance that's sustainable.  I wouldn't suggest pushing things and grinding for too long if you can avoid it.  I tried that and it backfired on me.  Keep things enjoyable or usually people get fed up.  Have time to enjoy life, find a job that's decent and not draining, have a healthy lifestyle, and do your life purpose stuff too.  Maybe just find a healthy balance instead of trying to push and force too much in a hectic and neurotic fashion.  

Like do personal development, work on your life purpose, but also enjoy doing those things.  Balance.

Again, I don't know your situation so it's hard for me to say (even if I did know your situation I wouldn't know the best thing for you)  You gotta figure that out for yourself, ultimately. 

I hope it works out. 

On 16/03/2021 at 4:44 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

We've all heard it but, my job sucks. It is draining the life out of me and it is very difficult to work on my life purpose. I really cannot live my life like this for the next several years while building my life purpose. Heck I can hardly keep doing this job for the next week. I really don't like complaining about my job though, it's just hitting that point again where I'm super fed up. 

How, how can I muster up the strength to do my art and work this draining job? What did you do to build your life purpose while also working a job you hated? Any tips are appreciated...<3 

Mind me asking what your current job is?

I'm currently working a full time 9-5 whilst also putting in 2-3 hours of LP work outside of that each day. It's hard as hell, and I constantly feel like giving up. I also really really hate my job. So i empathise with what you're saying.

One fairly simple thing i've started doing is getting up earlier and going to bed earlier so I have an hour and a half in the morning to do LP stuff before starting my 9-5. It means I don't leave all my LP work til after my 9-5 when i'm exhausted and tired. It's been working out really well actually.

You just gotta create a clear plan for changing your life circumstances. Then all that's required is for you to keep working until you've achieved those goals.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

8 hours ago, Space said:

You just gotta create a clear plan for changing your life circumstances. Then all that's required is for you to keep working until you've achieved it those goals.

Nice

@Flowerfaeiry Efficiency is everything for folk in our situation. I must say I don't hate my FT job, but it can be hi stress and very demanding. I also currently attend graduate school PT as well as do volunteer work and live a lifestyle in accordance with my LP. My advice to you is embody your LP in everything you do including working your job. It may take great creativity on your part to do that, but you sound very creative to me. If at all possible change your frame of reference so you no longer hate your job or change jobs. Beyond all that, just lead an ultra efficient life with your LP as highest priority. I highly recommend minimalism and keeping things as simple as possible. Best wishes :)

On 3/17/2021 at 1:55 PM, Matt23 said:

I'd just try to get a healthy balance that's sustainable.  I wouldn't suggest pushing things and grinding for too long if you can avoid it.  I tried that and it backfired on me.  Keep things enjoyable or usually people get fed up.  Have time to enjoy life, find a job that's decent and not draining, have a healthy lifestyle, and do your life purpose stuff too.  Maybe just find a healthy balance instead of trying to push and force too much in a hectic and neurotic fashion.  

Like do personal development, work on your life purpose, but also enjoy doing those things.  Balance.

Again, I don't know your situation so it's hard for me to say (even if I did know your situation I wouldn't know the best thing for you)  You gotta figure that out for yourself, ultimately. 

I hope it works out. 

Thank you.

"You Create Magic" 

On 3/18/2021 at 1:53 AM, Ryan R said:

@Flowerfaeiry Efficiency is everything for folk in our situation. I must say I don't hate my FT job, but it can be hi stress and very demanding. I also currently attend graduate school PT as well as do volunteer work and live a lifestyle in accordance with my LP. My advice to you is embody your LP in everything you do including working your job. It may take great creativity on your part to do that, but you sound very creative to me. If at all possible change your frame of reference so you no longer hate your job or change jobs. Beyond all that, just lead an ultra efficient life with your LP as highest priority. I highly recommend minimalism and keeping things as simple as possible. Best wishes :)

Thank you for the advice. I actually hate my job so its hard to get around that. Especially when it's so exhausting. Otherwise though, lack of discipline plays a role. 

"You Create Magic" 

On 3/17/2021 at 2:11 PM, Space said:

Mind me asking what your current job is?

I'm currently working a full time 9-5 whilst also putting in 2-3 hours of LP work outside of that each day. It's hard as hell, and I constantly feel like giving up. I also really really hate my job. So i empathise with what you're saying.

One fairly simple thing i've started doing is getting up earlier and going to bed earlier so I have an hour and a half in the morning to do LP stuff before starting my 9-5. It means I don't leave all my LP work til after my 9-5 when i'm exhausted and tired. It's been working out really well actually.

You just gotta create a clear plan for changing your life circumstances. Then all that's required is for you to keep working until you've achieved those goals.

Retail at a chain drugstore 

"You Create Magic" 

6 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

Did you go to college. Got any degrees to put to work? What are you technical skills? Maybe you could do something with those. @Flowerfaeiry what's your lp? 

Edited by diamondpenguin

Love life and your Health, INFJ Visionary

@Flowerfaeiry You have to realise that all of culture is ultimately redundant, and if it's not, this is purely an intimate experience for the individuals perception anyhow. You'll remove so much needless energy and psychological weight once you develop enough insights from that realisation. There's nothing here. It's a very sad and dismal landscape. You are where things are neither sad nor dismal. You make that, and it'll come from an ongoing expansion of your awareness. You got dragged in, we all did, our minds cornered enough that we couldn't comprehend anything different. It started young, now you get to start it for yourself; wiser.

On 3/19/2021 at 9:51 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Well ultimately it comes down to do you know what you actually want? In reality its not that difficult to change your life circumstances. You're not stuck in your current job. You can always change things. The hardest part is getting a very clear vision for what it is you really want. Once you have that, you just work backwards to put a plan in place. 

On 3/19/2021 at 9:47 PM, Flowerfaeiry said:

Thank you for the advice. I actually hate my job so its hard to get around that. Especially when it's so exhausting. Otherwise though, lack of discipline plays a role. 

I believe its possible to train yourself to be disciplined. But you need a vision, a goal you really want to achieve, and then lots of deliberate practice as Cal Newport says. You need something to be disciplined for. Using things like the Pomodoro technique, or study along videos work really well for working long hours. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

On 3/16/2021 at 0:44 AM, Flowerfaeiry said:

We've all heard it but, my job sucks. It is draining the life out of me and it is very difficult to work on my life purpose. I really cannot live my life like this for the next several years while building my life purpose. Heck I can hardly keep doing this job for the next week. I really don't like complaining about my job though, it's just hitting that point again where I'm super fed up. How, how can I muster up the strength to do my art and work this draining job?

When you say “I”... who are you talking about? Who is this conditional one, which can not live, which sees something to complain about, which is fed up, which must muster strength? Perhaps these are thoughts identified with, and thus repeating, even though these thoughts don’t resonate.  

What did you do to build your life purpose while also working a job you hated? Any tips are appreciated...<3 

Appreciation. While in college full time had a full time job (also in retail, and I had a blast) and two part time jobs (delivering pizza’s for two different places, and I had a blast), and was happy. saw that it was headed to what I wanted more. 

Make a dreamboard. Know, see, feel where you’re headed, feel what you’re focused on & creating... feel the alignedment & discord with thoughts & what’s on your dreamboard... the interpretation of your current job and situation changes, such that it is seen to be that unfolding as this, now. 

Better feeling will never be in a future. Better feeling is here now. Care enough about how you feel, to align those thoughts, about yourself. Tell the wanted, resonating story, about you. Watch reality change. You’re blessed, fortunate, and made of the very energy you believe you lack. It is the identification with unaligned thought & interpretation that is taxing. 

“...using my love of creative self expression to inspire others to discover their unique gifts.”

That can never be experienced in a future. That is done now, or not at all. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE