YoungSeeker

Were We Meant To Be Slaves Or We Can Change This?

You're a mind's slave   10 members have voted

1. 1. Does your mind controls you?

• No, I'm in control of my life
    • Yes. I have no power and should just accept it
    • What do you mean? I am the mind

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

5 posts in this topic

The mind is so sneaky. I became so aware how it fools me all the time. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Why do we let the mind rule our lives? It says me I need this and that. Couple of days ago I was so tired that my mind just turned off. I was happy although I was tired as hell. I wasn't boring, shy. I thought I'm like that my whole life. But I wasn't like that. The mind said me I'm like that and I just believed it.

We were not "meant" to be slaves (to our egos, I'm assuming you mean). Follow your truth and trust in yourself. People have transcended the ego state before, so why can't you?

What I am reading now: Smile at Fear, Chögyam Trungpa

I really feel the same sometime, its like the emotional urges to do something are just stronger than what you actually want to do.

On 2016-10-13 at 3:13 PM, YoungSeeker said:

The mind is so sneaky. I became so aware how it fools me all the time. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Why do we let the mind rule our lives? It says me I need this and that. Couple of days ago I was so tired that my mind just turned off. I was happy although I was tired as hell. I wasn't boring, shy. I thought I'm like that my whole life. But I wasn't like that. The mind said me I'm like that and I just believed it.

Your a fucking idiot. your just sitting there having a mind game.