Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hero in progress

The Biggest Ego Trick Is You Wanting To Become Enlightened & Spiritual.

27 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, jjer94 said:

What if I told you that enlightenment is not something that needs to be maintained whatsoever?

be careful with this idea..you need to maintain techniques, teachings, materials in the path. Though these are all illusions, you need this stuff as the ladder to get out from the matrix. Dont underestimate how powerful the ego is, its very tricky.

22 hours ago, Callum A said:

Why do you want to become enlightened? 

You can't tell me you haven't thought about being that guru like individual, who is blissed out and talks really calmly.

paradoxically because Im already Enlightened, Im already complete, right now at this present moment, there is nothing to do, there is only present moment that's my True Being. You're goal is just to realize it but to be honest the ego is so strong and tricky, that's why you need resources like Leo and other teachers.

I never thought that I will  become a guru someday, some kind of cool and calm talking on the stage. But really it's a matter of motivation, my motivation is I know(still an idea) that I'm already in the present moment, I'm already complete, there is only present moment. Ohhh man I need to fully realize that completely. That's all!

Edited by 30secs

@Dodoster What Ramana's referring to when he says "Silence" is a state of not-knowing, a state that is free of expectation, prediction, and the illusion of knowledge. He's basically saying, "I can't predict or intellectually know anything, so may as well abide in what I know for sure: my Self." 

Instead, you're equating silence with no-mind and are trying to stop your thinking, hoping for some bliss-explosion that you call "enlightenment." But you'll get nowhere with that because first of all, you can't maintain states of no-mind forever. And second of all, you're refusing to examine all of your most cherished beliefs, which are really what's keeping you from enlightenment. For example, did a "Ramana Maharshi" even exist? How do you know he is the "greatest teacher"? 

If I were you, I'd take what everyone says (including my words) with a grain of salt. You are the only authority there could ever be on the matter of your experience, because you are it! You are all of it! You're on a singular island of experience. Have you noticed that? There's no such thing as two experiencers.

Cheers...

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

10 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

@Dodoster What Ramana's referring to when he says "Silence" is a state of not-knowing, a state that is free of expectation, prediction, and the illusion of knowledge. He's basically saying, "I can't predict or intellectually know anything, so may as well abide in what I know for sure: my Self." 

Instead, you're equating silence with no-mind and are trying to stop your thinking, hoping for some bliss-explosion that you call "enlightenment." But you'll get nowhere with that because first of all, you can't maintain states of no-mind forever. And second of all, you're refusing to examine all of your most cherished beliefs, which are really what's keeping you from enlightenment. For example, did a "Ramana Maharshi" even exist? How do you know he is the "greatest teacher"? 

If I were you, I'd take what everyone says (including my words) with a grain of salt. You are the only authority there could ever be on the matter of your experience, because you are it! You are all of it! You're on a singular island of experience. Have you noticed that? There's no such thing as two experiencers.

Cheers...

Ive always been a mindless dodo bird, this just helps me be myself more fully <3 but thanks for the words and the salt :D we are one after all love you because i love myself ? 

-1/12 is Infinity 

3 hours ago, 30secs said:

be careful with this idea..you need to maintain techniques, teachings, materials in the path. Though these are all illusions, you need this stuff as the ladder to get out from the matrix. Dont underestimate how powerful the ego is, its very tricky.

Be careful with parroting Leo...he ain't enlightened. 

Sure, reading all the spiritual mumbo-jumbo is great. It clears up a lot of old ignorance. But eventually, EVERYTHING will have to be examined (in direct experience) and thrown in the fire. All so-called knowledge is ignorance, and the only true knowledge you can hold is, "I am limitless awareness." And that requires no maintenance. Don't take my word for it though, as you do Leo's.

Get out of what? The Matrix? Where's that? 

This powerful ego...Where's that in direct experience?

What is knowledge really? What is learning in direct experience?

Who does spiritual practice?

Why am I unenlightened? What if all the reasons were bullshit? What if all timetables were bullshit? What if it's "now or never"?

You have a lot of investigating to do. It's up to you if you really truly want to look.

Oh, and a side note. I'm not saying that spiritual practice like meditation is pointless and you shouldn't do them. They can all be great tools for developing equanimity and removing some of this ignorance. However, just keep in mind the question of who is practicing.

Cheers...

—Arthur Janov

@Dodoster You're very welcome. The very fact that you can read these words is incredible. You are so perfect as you are...If only you could see that. <3

Oh, and by the way, there is no "we." There is only You, in your utter magnificence. 

Edited by jjer94

—Arthur Janov

On 10/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, jjer94 said:

Get out of what? The Matrix? Where's that? 

mind.

This powerful ego...Where's that in direct experience?

unconscious mind

What is knowledge really? What is learning in direct experience?

knowledge is just a label. Direct experience is being aware to your true being within insde in the present moment or now.

Who does spiritual practice?

still you, in the sense your true consciousness is being aware to its own unconsciousness by looking directly inside.

Why am I unenlightened? What if all the reasons were bullshit? What if all timetables were bullshit? What if it's "now or never"?

see? whos talking? that is what I mean by being unconscious aka Ego, when you observe that noise in the present moment there is awareness growing you feel and you realize it your True Being lightening some dark area of being unconscious. Nothing to prove. Try it to your self right now, in the present moment:)