Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Hero in progress

The Biggest Ego Trick Is You Wanting To Become Enlightened & Spiritual.

27 posts in this topic

Why do you want to become enlightened? 

You can't tell me you haven't thought about being that guru like individual, who is blissed out and talks really calmly. And is "above" others if your not aware of this going on in your head then your in trouble! Because it will happen, that ego is gona play up, but your watching it. You don't have to do anything for all this stuff to happen it will come up by its self. You just be the watcher that doesn't have a opinion to anything. You can't think because your nothing.

All you got a do is get out of your own way.

1 hour ago, Callum A said:

Why do you want to become enlightened? 

I am totally frustrated with my mind as it is. I can't hope that I can gain something through my mind. When I say total hopelessness, I mean that hope has failed and hopelessness also has become futile. I don't want enlightenment , if it happens, I am not going to create hindrance. I want to rest in peace. 

Edited by Prabhaker

@Prabhaker

If you keep getting pulled into those thoughts and story's of your conditioned mind, that your writing down. Then your not grasping what I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, Callum A said:

story's of your conditioned mind, that your writing down

What conditioning? I am tired of my mind, I want peace. 

@Prabhaker

That conditioning " I am tired of my mind, I want peace" 

That's a thought that your identified with. Is it not?

Be the awareness of thoughts and then because your not identified with them, they will flow through your mind, like a dance :)

I know how difficult it can be mate.

We are all on this journey with you :)

1 minute ago, Callum A said:

That conditioning " I am tired of my mind, I want peace" 

That's a thought that your identified with. Is it not?

It is not conditioning, I have lived in a state of no-mind many times, I know it's taste, it's bliss. Now I have fallen back , so I want to live in peace again.

This was something I questioned last night before I had my experience of terror and whatnot, involved (crying, laughing, shaking, heart racing, heavy breathing, terror, strong fear). Strong concept after all.

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

I am totally frustrated with my mind as it is.

I hate to be "that guy"...and you seem fairly well-versed in all this enlightenment hoo-hah...but who the heck is frustrated? Seriously?! I know that's a common question that the gurus ask, but seriously look into it. Don't reply to this message saying, "well of course there's no me" - have you actually looked? Where is the you? Hint: is it just another thought? 

And also, where is this so-called "mind" you keep spouting on about? More thoughts? 

2 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

I am tired of my mind, I want peace.

Again, who is the one tired of what mind, and where/what is peace in your direct experience?

1 hour ago, Prabhaker said:

It is not conditioning, I have lived in a state of no-mind many times, I know it's taste, it's bliss. Now I have fallen back , so I want to live in peace again.

You may need to read over this a bit, chew on it. What if your desire to be in no-mind is what's preventing you from living in peace? Do you notice that this is just another one of your egoic carrot-on-the-stick games you're buying into? "Once I have no-mind I will be happy." 

You point out that no-mind is something that can be lost, something that has to be maintained. It sure must take a lot of effort and energy to try to stop thinking all the time, huh? Are you afraid that if you stop practicing your spiritual practices, you will never reach no-mind and therefore never be happy and enlightened?

What if I told you that enlightenment is not something that needs to be maintained whatsoever? What if I told you that enlightenment is your present experience? Notice the contraction upon reading that question. That means all of your striving and seeking to become "enlightened" will be for nothing. If I were you, I'd ask yourself the following questions:

• What am I looking for?
  • Why is it that this present state is unenlightened?

Notice how your answers are all thoughts. Passing thought-stories. What are they passing in? Yes, it's really that simple.

I'd rather not hear more bullshit stories from you, so no need to reply. Unless you're triggered, then you'll inevitably reply. Oh man, what have I done...

Cheers!

“Feeling is the antithesis of pain."

—Arthur Janov

What bout my problem? Me as a human, not as conciousness, want to do nothing and dont enjoy my work, but i need to go to feed myself. I get frustrated that i cant just do nothing and live. Man i wish i was a plant.

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodoster You are aptly named, Dodo. Not because you can't learn new ideas, but because you have too many ideas in your head and refuse to get rid of them. 

If you don't enjoy your work, then do something about it! Or are you afraid of what may happen? Are you afraid of losing everything that defines yourself? So then, may as well run away from that and go sit and stare at a wall and meditate all day. 

The chains to Plato's cave are not locked. It's just a matter of how willing you are to take the plunge into freedom and uncertainty. It's now or never, my friend. Now or never. Tattoo that on your sleeve.

—Arthur Janov

enlightenment is the end of suffering that comes from ignorance.

who'd want to suffer?

unborn Truth

24 minutes ago, jjer94 said:

@Dodoster You are aptly named, Dodo. Not because you can't learn new ideas, but because you have too many ideas in your head and refuse to get rid of them. 

If you don't enjoy your work, then do something about it! Or are you afraid of what may happen? Are you afraid of losing everything that defines yourself? So then, may as well run away from that and go sit and stare at a wall and meditate all day. 

The chains to Plato's cave are not locked. It's just a matter of how willing you are to take the plunge into freedom and uncertainty. It's now or never, my friend. Now or never. Tattoo that on your sleeve.

Wont i die a painful death by hunger? Would be no problem if i could eat sunlight, but i am currently a prisoner of needs. Also i love watermelon ? 

Edited by Dodoster

-1/12 is Infinity 

1 hour ago, jjer94 said:

I'd rather not hear more bullshit stories from you, so no need to reply. Unless you're triggered, then you'll inevitably reply.

I am triggered, you have hurt me really bad. You have ruined all my reputation on the form, which I earned in several weeks. I can't reply you because I can't cope with your infinite intelligence, you are a real ego destroyer and I can't bear more kicking. 

enjoy !

@Prabhaker I know, right? I am an all-powerful, all-knowing, all-benevolent internet stranger. Therefore you should precisely listen to every single word I say. And if you don't, eternal damnation for you! 

;)

—Arthur Janov

@Dodoster Develop an apparatus that allows you to photosynthesize your epidermis so that you always have an accessible food source to eat: yourself!

Jokes aside, if you really think you're stuck with your job, you may just not be discontent enough. There's also something called resourcefulness that may be handy for ya if you really want out of your situation.

All the best, man.

—Arthur Janov

3 hours ago, jjer94 said:

@Dodoster Develop an apparatus that allows you to photosynthesize your epidermis so that you always have an accessible food source to eat: yourself!

Jokes aside, if you really think you're stuck with your job, you may just not be discontent enough. There's also something called resourcefulness that may be handy for ya if you really want out of your situation.

All the best, man.

But if i became enlightened,  i wouldnt have problem with my job? Its not all that bad, but the thing is it requires me to think and right now im practising not thinking and i just want to sit and do nothing 

-1/12 is Infinity 

@Dodoster One of the worst expectations you can have about enlightenment is that it will solve all of your circumstantial problems, and that you'll be permanently blissed out. Sure, you may see on a fundamental level that problems are mind-stuff that doesn't actually exist, but you will still move toward "rightness" and away from "wrongness."

If someone was beginning to saw off an enlightened person's arm, do you really think they'd just sit there and say, "There are no problems here, it's all perfect as it is, I won't do anything because it's all so perfect" ?? No, they'd prefer not to have their arm sawed off, and likely try to get out of that situation. 

You want to stop thinking? So, you'd like to become a vegetable? I mean, if that's what you want, that's what you want. But here's another thing: no-mind is not enlightenment. It's something that may happen during meditation, and it can be quite pleasant. But it can also be quite unpleasant when you're trying to maintain it, because it can't be maintained. Enlightenment requires absolutely no maintenance. 

It sounds to me like you're not being honest with yourself. It sounds to me like you're denying and pushing away your thoughts because of some fear that they will make you unenlightened or make you consider doing horrible things. Don't believe me though, just look for yourself.

It's as if you've turned enlightenment into this online multiplayer game (Halo 2 was famous for this) where your "ranking" can go up or down and you have to keep at it or else it goes down. That sounds pretty miserable to me. It actually sounds a lot like the workings of ego...hmmm.....

—Arthur Janov

7 hours ago, jjer94 said:

@Dodoster One of the worst expectations you can have about enlightenment is that it will solve all of your circumstantial problems, and that you'll be permanently blissed out. Sure, you may see on a fundamental level that problems are mind-stuff that doesn't actually exist, but you will still move toward "rightness" and away from "wrongness."

If someone was beginning to saw off an enlightened person's arm, do you really think they'd just sit there and say, "There are no problems here, it's all perfect as it is, I won't do anything because it's all so perfect" ?? No, they'd prefer not to have their arm sawed off, and likely try to get out of that situation. 

You want to stop thinking? So, you'd like to become a vegetable? I mean, if that's what you want, that's what you want. But here's another thing: no-mind is not enlightenment. It's something that may happen during meditation, and it can be quite pleasant. But it can also be quite unpleasant when you're trying to maintain it, because it can't be maintained. Enlightenment requires absolutely no maintenance. 

It sounds to me like you're not being honest with yourself. It sounds to me like you're denying and pushing away your thoughts because of some fear that they will make you unenlightened or make you consider doing horrible things. Don't believe me though, just look for yourself.

It's as if you've turned enlightenment into this online multiplayer game (Halo 2 was famous for this) where your "ranking" can go up or down and you have to keep at it or else it goes down. That sounds pretty miserable to me. It actually sounds a lot like the workings of ego...hmmm.....

Didnt Ramana Maharshi, the greatest teacher, say something along the lines of 'everything that will happen, will happen - try and stop it. Therefore the best course of action is silence.'

I saw the truth in those words, so i am doing that the best i can. Like a newbie level Ramana, cause he was way more radical in doing nothing.

-1/12 is Infinity