intotheblack

Satanic cults

31 posts in this topic

Someone shared a video in another thread of an interview with Teal Swan, where she shares her stories of extreme abuse as a child in a satanic cult.  I knew who she was but never watched any of her self help stuff, so didn't know anything about her background, but was interested in what she had to say in that particular video.  

I believed that she's telling the truth about what happened to her, and I've read other things over the years about these cults that children are forced into.  But then I saw that there are a lot of people who try to debunk her and say she lied about it and that she's a lunatic etc.  

Apart from this though, apparently all claims of satanic cult abuse are thought to be "false memories" since there has never been any real evidence found to suggest stuff like this really goes on, and it has the name of "satanic panic" in which 1000s of people have made the claims since the 80s.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or know of something where evidence was found of satanic cults?  

Edited by intotheblack

@ilja @ilja  yeah I know.  people don't want to believe it because its something so horrible.  I was just surprised to see that the whole satanic cult thing is highly doubted because there is 'not enough evidence'   

I think its something that does actually go on, it's just hidden so well

Pure conspiracy stuff. Saw a documentary on this. All fake testimonies debunked in court. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

I think I've watched all of Teal Swan's content on youtube. She has many good insights on psychology, relationships and selfhelp topics. But don't take her as some sort of oracle of truth. She is giving her perspective, and rarely cities academic sources and studies. Generally I think she is trying to help people in good faith.

As far as Satanic Ritual Abuse goes, it's mostly conspiracy theory. I say mostly because child abuse is pretty common at all levels of every society, and given that there have been some sporadic instances of satanic cults actually existing, it's not unlikely that there has been some actual cases that would qualify as Satanic Ritual Abuse.  You could argue that the people who dabble in that type of stuff are kooks to begin with, so the likelihood that they also would abuse children is higher than the general population. I think we are talking at most a handful of real cases on a global scale.

But it only takes one "real" case for conspiracy theorists to be convinced that every rumor and imagined case also must be real.

@Stomatopod thanks for the input. 

so its more the 'satanic' part that people think is conspiracy? it seems people are more likely to believe the sex cult part but not the satanic part.  

These paedophile sex rings are being uncovered all the time, and it's usually the person who appears the most innocent.  Jimmy Saville for example. 

I'm still trying to understand what would make the abuse victim recall memories of satanic ritual and why it would be a false memory.  

A psychopath kidnapping children to torture them is conspiracy theory? Ive listened to her story twice and nothing she says is out of the ordinary, she even started crying during the interviews ffs.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

That was the video I linked . IDK if its real or not, or how much of it is real. But it certainly is an insane  story.

Either way the value here is be grateful for your life, you dont know how good you have it. And you can't imagine how bad things can get, so appreciate what you got. 

If you're on this forum most likely your life quality is in the top 20 % of human beings, contrasted with the 8 billion that we are.

This is not a Signature    [TBA]

@mmKay thnx I couldn't remember which thread I saw it on. 

---

I just think like, how is anyone supposed to have any evidence anyway? something that happened so long ago and when nobody believes you, then it doesn't get investigated.  It's important to believe victims of abuse. 

I've met her. I've seen the scars on her body. They're real. I'd believe her.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

3 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

I've met her. I've seen the scars on her body. They're real. I'd believe her.

Self-harm? Or from the abuse?

2 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Self-harm? Or from the abuse?

Didn't ask her. If you'd like further details though, watch her documentary 'Open Shadow'. She's explained it all there. If you're skeptical (I don't see why you would be, but if you are), that's her version.

"Do not pray for an easy life. Pray for the strength to endure a difficult one." - Bruce Lee

6 minutes ago, Parththakkar12 said:

Didn't ask her. If you'd like further details though, watch her documentary 'Open Shadow'. She's explained it all there. If you're skeptical (I don't see why you would be, but if you are), that's her version.

Nah, I believe her. Just wondering. I've seen the documentary, its messed up. 

14 minutes ago, Rilles said:

A psychopath kidnapping children to torture them is conspiracy theory?

No one said that. But it is a fact that the vast majority of child abuse happens within the family. Most commonly by the parents (about 80%), but in almost all cases the perpetrators are known and trusted by the victim; siblings, cousins, uncles, friends of the family, and then a smaller category by teachers, coaches, pastors, etc.

A vanishingly small minority of cases involve some shadowy "other", and that's what the majority of the fearmongering focuses on. Just look at thousands of movies and shows churned out about evil predators, kidnappers and serial killers, then contrast it with the number of movies dealing with sexual abuse within outwardly "normal" families. It gives you the impression that the latter is the exception rather than the rule.

I think everyone would prefer to believe that child abusers are some evil outside force. QAnon and SRA conspiracies help serve that function of "otherizing" the threat. So all of us "good people" can band together and be on the lookout for any weirdos in white vans or them evil globalist elites coming to take our kids. This is so much less frightening than the truth. The child molesters are not out there hiding in the bushes, more likely they are in your own living room.

She also claims to be the reincarnation of a great yogi sage lol 

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

1 hour ago, Stomatopod said:

No one said that. But it is a fact that the vast majority of child abuse happens within the family. Most commonly by the parents (about 80%), but in almost all cases the perpetrators are known and trusted by the victim; siblings, cousins, uncles, friends of the family, and then a smaller category by teachers, coaches, pastors, etc.

A vanishingly small minority of cases involve some shadowy "other", and that's what the majority of the fearmongering focuses on. Just look at thousands of movies and shows churned out about evil predators, kidnappers and serial killers, then contrast it with the number of movies dealing with sexual abuse within outwardly "normal" families. It gives you the impression that the latter is the exception rather than the rule.

I think everyone would prefer to believe that child abusers are some evil outside force. QAnon and SRA conspiracies help serve that function of "otherizing" the threat. So all of us "good people" can band together and be on the lookout for any weirdos in white vans or them evil globalist elites coming to take our kids. This is so much less frightening than the truth. The child molesters are not out there hiding in the bushes, more likely they are in your own living room.

Denying peoples trauma doesnt make it better. Besides, if I remember correctly a family friend of hers was the abuser.