Jonty

Gospel Of Thomas

21 posts in this topic

I've been listening to a book on Audible by Adyashanti called Resurrecting Jesus. He talks a lot about the Gospel of Thomas which was only discovered in 1945. Adyashanti says that it is in effect a guide to enlightenment and that at the very beginning says (and I'm paraphrasing here) "If you can crack the code of what Jesus is saying in these words then you will discover the kingdom of heaven yourself" 

I wanted to share the following quote from it too, just because I thought it was interesting and maybe a little inspiring 

"The disciples asked Jesus "What can the kingdom of heaven be compared to?" He said to them "It can be compared to a mustard seed. Although it is the smallest of all the seeds, if it falls on fertile ground it makes a plant so large that it can shelter the birds of the heavens." 

Just thought it might be of interest ?

@Nahm Perhaps you mean Geh-sus from The Big Lebowski... now that was a fine piece of acting. 

“Nowhere is it writ that anthropoid apes should understand reality.” - Terence McKenna

The Kingdom of the Father is spread out upon the earth, and men do not see it. ~ Gospel of Thomas

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

How funny is Jesus?

You’re Jesus, pretending there’s a Jesus.

Like contemplating infinity. 

(There is no “infinity”)

But I’m not Jesus!?

Ya. You funny guy Jesus. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

It was only discovered in 1945? ? Missed that somehow. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw Really?

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

I found this one inspiring too:

Jesus said, "Those who know all, but are lacking in themselves, are utterly lacking."

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

(1) “If those who lead you say to you: ‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’ then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you: ‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you and outside of you.”
(4) “When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known, and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty.”

The Art of Knowing is Knowing the accumulation of knowledge lies within time, the discovery of Wisdom is attained out of the Mind.

~ https://www.instagram.com/spiritualabsolute ~

On 2/10/2021 at 0:11 PM, abrakamowse said:

@mandyjw Really?

@abrakamowse Yep. I think I got the discovery stories mixed up the the Gospel of Judas, I'm not sure. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

3 minutes ago, Nahm said:

1945, aka, “The Year of The Pomroy”. 

One year off, his mansion burned down in 1946. 

1 hour ago, mandyjw said:

@abrakamowse Yep. I think I got the discovery stories mixed up the the Gospel of Judas, I'm not sure. 

Oh, Ok... got you.

I always remember the finding of the scrolls because I saw some documentary long time ago, but I didn't know the Gospel of Thomas was one of them until recently.

^_^

Take a look, it's in a book.

Don't judge a book by its cover.

Discovery, 

It might be healing, 

You might make a full recovery.

xD