Guest Bazooka Jesus

There is nothing but THIS! Stop trying to label it!

33 posts in this topic

I think the advice is not to be attached to ideas or concepts... just THIS!

xD

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

4 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

LLabels serve a valuable function, and without them you would almost certainly never know about awakening all. 

Exactly... which is why I said that "words can point us in the right direction".

4 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Exactly... which is why I said that "words can point us in the right direction".

You’re like a guy with his own personal buffet at home telling people they should only eat one type of food. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

@BipolarGrowth Hehehe, is that so? What's the one type of food that I have been recommending?

THIS is not food, and it's also not not food. Take your fixed gaze off the buffet and realize that which is aware of the buffet.

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

Anyway, speech is silver, silence is golden... and music is both, so why not celebrate the eternal timeless present moment with some 900 year old tunes, composed by one who more likely than not had realized THIS first hand?

Can I get a Hallelujah?? xD

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

@Bazooka Jesus my point is that you are telling people using only THIS is more effective while clearly using many other labels. People have to radically recontextualize THIS before they ever even realize what THIS is. Using other words to bring knowledge to important facets of THIS is important. Of course we all know the label is not that which is being labeled, but far less people would awaken if THIS was the only label used. 

What did the stage orange scientist call the stage blue fundamentalist for claiming YHWH intentionally caused Noah’s great flood?

Delugional. 

@Bazooka Jesus I used to enjoy it's humour back when I started. Now it's pretty scary sometimes but that is how he encourages us with love, saying a bit more, a bit more; pretty terrifying but I love God and I trust him. What else could we do?

41 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

@Bazooka Jesus my point is that you are telling people using only THIS is more effective while clearly using many other labels. People have to radically recontextualize THIS before they ever even realize what THIS is. Using other words to bring knowledge to important facets of THIS is important. Of course we all know the label is not that which is being labeled, but far less people would awaken if THIS was the only label used. 

Of course, we always need to use labels when we talk about Nonduality; such is the nature of language. And every label is useful - until it's not. I assume that 90 percent of people on this forum have already heard a great deal about Infinity, Consciousness, God etc.; I simply try to move the goalpost and use the most neutral label I can think of - THIS - in order to get said people to detach from the mental images of Infinity etc. that they might have developed, so they don't get hung up on them and keep asking again and again futile questions like "buuuuuuuuuuuuuut if Reaity is infinite, then how come A B and C?!?!?!?!?!"

But you're right, in the end it is just another label. If you don't find it useful, then don't use it. Simple! ;)

Edited by Bazooka Jesus

17 minutes ago, Bazooka Jesus said:

Of course, we always need to use labels when we talk about Nonduality; such is the nature of language. And every label is useful - until it's not. I assume that 90 percent of people on this forum have already heard a great deal about Infinity, Consciousness, God etc.; I simply try to move the goalpost and use the most neutral label I can think of - THIS - in order to get said people to detach from the mental images of Infinity etc. that they might have developed, so they don't get hung up on them and keep asking again and again futile questions like "buuuuuuuuuuuuuut if Reaity is infinite, then how come A B and C?!?!?!?!?!"

But you're right, in the end it is just another label. If you don't find it useful, then don't use it. Simple! ;)

I think the word is very useful for this work. I’ve used it as well. It just seemed like you were suggesting it was in some way superior to other words in the earlier posts. THIS has the advantage and disadvantage of making people pay attention only to the here and now. The problem is people probably will never experience THIS as God or infinite or any other counterintuitive things without being pointed in that direction first. Nondualists tend to forget that if all is One and that One is Truth the ego, thoughts, and imagination are also aspects of that One/Truth as much as anything else. Truth in nonduality does not have an opposite. 

Delugional. 

3 minutes ago, BipolarGrowth said:

Nondualists tend to forget that if all is One and that One is Truth the ego, thoughts, and imagination are also aspects of that One/Truth as much as anything else. Truth in nonduality does not have an opposite. 

True. :D

The problem goes much deeper than labelling and using words.

Notice in your direct experience the difference between the first line and the second line:

not-writing.png

Are they different? And shouldn't they be the same? See how conceptualising goes deeper than language?

You'll only get this when you have a direct experience without conceptualising.

57% paranoid