Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Godishere

Free will vs determinism

20 posts in this topic

Ok, so I just realised I have no control over my mind.. I just feel like there's some contradiction to the concept of fully surrendering that we have no control, as per Leo's video: free will vs determinism vs that we are creators as God. What does this mean we are creators and we should create a life worth living if in actuality we have zero control? 

How will you even surrender if you have no free will. There then will be no you to surrender. 

Free will is ultimate, changeless reality.

Determinism is relative, cause-and-effect reality.

It is not free will vs. determinism, but the entanglement of free will with determinism. The more you reside as a human form in relative reality, the less free you will be. You are just a pinball in the machine. The more You reside as God in ultimate reality, the more free You will be. You are the pinball player.

Hint: Freedom is just another word for unconditional, all-seeing Love.

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

17 minutes ago, Godishere said:

@Vibroverse well exactly, now I'm even more confused ?

Ultimately it is God's Will - which is your will, since you are God.  As a human or your small self, it only appears you have free will - because, well, the small self is but an appearance. 

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

'doing' is an illusion.

There is just 'what is occurring'. 

The only thing you ever 'do' is 'be yourself', and you're always 'being yourself'. 

Recognize that 'trying to be like yourself' and 'trying not to be like yourself' are the same thing.. they are both 'what you are doing' which is 'being yourself', and you never have to try to 'be yourself'.. because you just 'are yourself', at all times, without trying. 

"I could be the walrus. I'd still have to bum rides off people."

49 minutes ago, Godishere said:

What does this mean we are creators and we should create a life worth living if in actuality we have zero control? 

You have infinite freedom in finite rule-set dimension. 

54 minutes ago, Mason Riggle said:

'doing' is an illusion.

There is just 'what is occurring'. 

The only thing you ever 'do' is 'be yourself', and you're always 'being yourself'. 

Recognize that 'trying to be like yourself' and 'trying not to be like yourself' are the same thing.. they are both 'what you are doing' which is 'being yourself', and you never have to try to 'be yourself'.. because you just 'are yourself', at all times, without trying. 

I like this. If i'm typing this, i'm typing this. I can't prevent myself from typing this sentence. This sentence happened. Testing, testing.

2 hours ago, Godishere said:

Ok, so I just realised I have no control over my mind.. I just feel like there's some contradiction to the concept of fully surrendering that we have no control, as per Leo's video: free will vs determinism vs that we are creators as God. What does this mean we are creators and we should create a life worth living if in actuality we have zero control? 

The experiential contradiction is between the concept & the actuality. The bold is intended to help point to how the veil is perpetuated.  “The devil is in the details.” 

There is no ‘you’. There is awareness of the experience of saying there is, but there is not, two. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

The Mystery, which none of us gets, is the entanglement of ultimate and relative reality. It is not just ultimate. It is also relative. It all is. (Don't you love italics)? ;)

Just because God loves you doesn't mean it is going to shape the cosmos to suit you. God loves you so much that it will shape you to suit the cosmos.

1 hour ago, Moksha said:

The Mystery, which none of us gets, is the entanglement of ultimate and relative reality. It is not just ultimate. It is also relative. It all is. (Don't you love italics)? ;)

The ultimate is God. God imagines a "relative reality".

The end. Or is there more to it?

3 minutes ago, GreenWoods said:

The ultimate is God. God imagines a "relative reality".

The end. Or is there more to it?

Imagination is also reality, because it is created by God.

@This it can also be recognized that there is no 'you' that exists separate from 'that which is not you' 

Consider that your hair is growing right now. Are 'you' doing that? Can you stop? 

The 'you' that most organisms think they are, is actually everything that is not typically considered 'you'.  Your orgamism is growing hair. Your orgamism is thinking thoughts (are you doing that? how hard are you trying to do those things?).. but it doesn't stop there.. 'You' are also all of the sounds you are hearing, and sights you're seeing. Are you 'doing that'?  

Well, if you consider that you are everything other than a separate 'self', then you are, even if you don't know how you are doing it. 

Everything that is occurring, is what you are doing, which is 'being you'.. Everything is who you are. 

Edited by Mason Riggle

Thank you all for your replies. So to my theoretical understanding, I(the ego/my identity) does not exist and is something I have constructed over my life. And by peeling back the layers of this identity, all that exists fundamentally in the end is awareness/being, which is essentially "nothing". But this nothing isn't a black empty space but actually what exists right now. So... therefore the ego is a construct and whatever I do is imagination and this imagination has no control@Mason Riggle

It's tricky.

No ego has free will, since the ego is an illusion.

The body-mind is not in control.

You could say its God that has the free will, but that wouldn't be totally accurate either.

God neither has nor does not have free will. 

God is the creator but also the creation itself. 

To say God has free will is implying that God "chose" this reality.

There wasn't really a "choice" per say. 

"Choice" is an illusory human phenomenon. 

There is simply a happening that is beyond words. 

If you're stuck in the perspective the God has free will,

it can be useful to think of God's infinite intelligence as the perfect, mandatory iteration of a computer algorithm rather than an all powerful being selecting its own reality. 

@Godishere

"Am I doing this, or is this doing me?" - Alan Watts

"You are not controlling the storm, and you are not lost in it.. you ARE the storm" - Sam Harris

Edited by Mason Riggle

If your ego agrees with it, it is high. Otherwise it is low. And you will be subtle to defend it. 

Edited by Vibroverse

Nirvana is the greatest closed mindedness because you then know everything. People are your mind. 

I made a list of these Free Will posts on my Journal. Just sayin' :

57% paranoid