Dark_White

Am "I" had it or not?

19 posts in this topic

Hey guys, lately i have doing the self-inquiry for 5 months & i combined this technique with neti-neti method, so thereby whatever appeared to me is not me as so I'm the one who perceived all of it. So after doing this technique by combining these two methods i almost two days in a row, i really see that thoughts and things are just arising and passing, and also the "I" the perceiver is no more there as it was also somewhat an object.

But i didn't had any mystical or total blissful states while getting to know there was no-self. But also in the other hand i realized there's no-self.

So did i get it or am i just tricked myself into it?

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Dark_White what kind of a blissful state are you expecting? 

I really don't know is there a such a thing like it but i heard whenever you get to know your true self, you'll get to such kind of state. Even leo said he had an experience where he covered by this blissful state on his "my enlightenment experience" video. Is there a such a thing, I'm lost!

3 minutes ago, Dark_White said:

I really don't know is there a such a thing like it but i heard whenever you get to know your true self, you'll get to such kind of state. Even leo said he had an experience where he covered by this blissful state on his "my enlightenment experience" video. Is there a such a thing, I'm lost!

But you just said that during the meditation that you do, there is no perceiver.

If there is no perceiver, how will you perceive bliss? 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

@Preety_India i mean yes but still i clearly saw thoughts coming and going even tho there was no me in it. So can't i able to "experience" that bliss state even tho there was no perceiver in it.

4 minutes ago, Dark_White said:

@Preety_India i mean yes but still i clearly saw thoughts coming and going even tho there was no me in it. So can't i able to "experience" that bliss state even tho there was no perceiver in it.

Why do you want to experience blissful state? 

What does blissful state mean to you? 

Just now, Dark_White said:

@Preety_India i thought maybe that was one of a sign to getting true enlightenment.

What is the meaning of enlightenment in your thought? 

@Preety_India I thought it's a state where there is no perceiver and you're one with everything, in a complete bliss.

Like satchitanada.

2 minutes ago, Dark_White said:

@Preety_India I thought it's a state where there is no perceiver and you're one with everything, in a complete bliss.

Like satchitanada.

Doesn't that require a long time of practice? 

@Preety_India i didn't had any enlightenment experience to judge, all i knew were people saying that it is so profound life-changing and totally blissful, so i just wanna make sure is it alright or am i somehow tricked into it!

well from my experience, you always have a long way to go. ego, or atleast the way my ego kept on this path by thinking "I am almost there" in every awakening. If it truly knew how much work is required, it wont even go for it. Therefore I think you have had some awakening on a shallow level (still deep relative to your usual peeps) and still have ways to go

@Swarnim hmm, did you went into any mystical state while you getting enlightenment or like a blissful state. I only got the answer there was no perceiver and that's it.

1 hour ago, Dark_White said:

So did i get it or am i just tricked myself into it?

what my understanding is when you get it, you wont ask others to know whether or not you got it or not.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Harikrishnan yeah get that, but i don't wanna be deluded by my ego. So i had to know how other's felt while having their own enlightenment experience.

I just wanna make sure, is that all it!

the realization that you are pure awareness, knower, perceiver, and there's actually no rigid "I" is the beginning of the work according to Rupert Spira,

so yeah you need to go deeper and deeper and contemplate the nature of awareness,

so does awareness gain anything from any state's either infinite bliss, Love, or just simple ordinary state we are in while it's just pure knowing or awareness? does a TV care what it is that being displayed in itself as screen?

it's nice to experience those states (that just requires more work and practice) but if you really contemplate the nature of knowing, it's just knowing! pure knowing! it's awareness in any states no matter what. the state itself cannot change the awareness, knower!

Edited by m0hsen

@Dark_White this is the one video you need to have a breakthrough experience  

Literally the one technique that will get you the most results at the moment.

Edited by mmKay

Recently Tamed Feral Buddhist Critter                   Restful Cube        

@mmKay Actually that's so true, it really helped me to get going in inquiry and it's very fact that one should ground ourself with the actuality rather than conceptualization or theorizing. Anyways thank you for pointing out, that video!