Tim R

Reassurance

2 posts in this topic

Very nice video. I never thought about reassurance, but I guess it's true - it is among the most important elements of a happy life.

It's hope. I's connection, it's calmness, it's help, it's really what we want. 

I don't know how many of you live completely alone, but I do and this video got me thinking. It can be very difficult for me to reassure myself that things are alright and that I'm alright, too. Because there's no one around to do that for me and although I know that all authority comes from within me, it's nice to have someone around to guide you, or at least to remind you of the essential things on the way.

After all, it is doubt that drives spirituality and the desire to find out the truth. So someone who doubts reality to very intense degrees must know how to reassure him/herself, otherwise one gets lost.

What are your techniques? How do you deal with feeling overwhelmed by life's challenges? How do you reassure yourself?

I agree.  Ever since I was little if I was feeling afraid I used to pray to universe ‘please let everything be ok’ or ‘everything will be ok’ and repeat it to myself over and over before going to sleep.  I still do it sometimes if I’m feeling fearful about life.