Parki

Does 5-meo-dmt Helps With Curing Shyness?

9 posts in this topic

Assume that I will have proper trip, not the hell stuff that will happen to me if I hold on, will it help?

3 minutes ago, Capethaz said:

@Parki 5-MEO-DMT will help you see that your shyness is fuckin bullshit.

Hopefuly it is so, but eventually the only way to know is take the substance.

I am thinking about the same thing - can psychedelics help with our negative features? (by the way sorry for my English)

I mean, if they can take us to the place which is so fantastic and truthful, and we realize all and non-duality, cure our harmful habits and so on wouldn't that be addictive for an average miserable person? I feel like that would only encourage continues usage of them 

Edited by Vytas

I would say not. If you're shy ( as opposed to just being an introvert - there's a difference), you probably suffer from anxiety. Mixing perception-altering chemicals with anxiety is a big no-no. Your mind has to be ready for this kind of stuff, otherwise it's not going to do much for you, aside from give you a panic attack which will only make things worse. Having a "proper trip" isn't a reality until your mind is ready.

I haven't taken the stuff, so I could be completely wrong.

Edited by Frogfucius

2 hours ago, Parki said:

Hopefuly it is so, but eventually the only way to know is take the substance.

I'd let someone else test it first lol. Better to be safe than sorry eh?

Mushrooms are highly effective for dealing with psychological issues. It's like 1 year of therapy compressed into 4 hours.

5-meo is like a divine nuclear explosion in your mind. Hard to tell what structures will collapse from it other than your entire model of physics and reality. It's more existential than psychological, although it could certainly have psychological fallout. Your biggest challenge will be integrating it back into ordinary life.

These substances could certainly help, but it's still essential that you go out and socialize more. You're not going to cure shyness by sitting in your Mom's basement (if that's your plan).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I think what you are trying to do is trying to find an easy way to get a cure. I think you are more likely to succeed if you really try to understand what Leo is saying in his videos. Me for example, I was literally afraid to go outside a few days ago. I'm kinda pale, and I was always thinking about what people were thinking about me. And then, I simply tried to make my brain understand that it doesn't matter what people think, that infact that process is completely unnecessary. So I just did it, I went outside and I allowed myself to behave how I want, no matter how it would feel. Look people in the eyes as they walk by, and not care if they think that you are crazy. You know you are not crazy, so what does it matter what they think. Your brain will hate it, but it doesn't matter. Just walk around outside and start whistling, say hello to people and notice how your brain cares about what other people think of you.

You are the master of your world, and your world can be whatever you want it to be. If you want to define yourself by what other people might think of you, you will do that. If you want to define yourself by what you think you actually are, then you can do that. You have to shake up the priorities in your mind. When you enter a room, you naturally create these bubbles of expectations for every human that is aware of you. I know that process too well, and it can paralize you if it's strong enough. Just learn to not care at all. And recognize that you have to learn it, that failing it okay. If someone thinks you are fucking crazy, or pathetic, that's okay. You know you are not. 

What I do, I just dress myself horribly knowing that people will most likely think badly of me. And within three days I made significant process. The irony is that if you just be yourself, the person you are when you are completely alone, people immediately respect you. If you walk around whistling, they will be intimidated by your confidence. But don't fall into the trap to care about that, because you are not doing it to intimidate them, or to make them think that you are confident. You are doing it simply because you feel like doing it. Doesn't matter if they think you are the president of the united states, or some homeless person. You know exactly who you are, and you know that you can change in an instant if you want. That is the beauty, you are not bound to the past as your brain might tell you. Your identity is what you want it to be, not what other people might think it is.

Maybe start out with family? Tell them something you don't want them to know about you because you think they might think of you badly if they do, and then try your best not to care. You have to learn not to care, it's not something that you can decide in an instant.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Your biggest challenge will be integrating it back into ordinary life.

What do you mean?