Sarah Marie

Conscious Uncopling

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am going through a divorce and have been studying a lot about relationships. I remember once in a video (?) Leo said "I think relationships are great if you know how to do them." Ya, now I understand what he was talking about. :D

Anyways, I found a book worth sharing if y'all are going through a divorce or hard breakup. It's called conscious uncopling and has completely changed the way my ex husband and I went through our divorce. 

Has anyone else done this? If so what did you think? 

This might be a male-biased opinion, but I've found that breakups can be incredibly powerful in terms of personal growth. If it's really bad, basically your entire life goes up in flames. And from that wreckage you're forced to come back a more highly evolved person, capable of doing things you never would have done before.

Usually it can take at least a couple of months, if not years though that you can look back and go "oh wow, I'm so glad that happened. What was I thinking doing X / being with Y kind of person?" And then everything is alright again.

What kind of advice did this book give?

Edited by aurum

@aurum Actually exactly what you are explaining. It has 5 steps in how to turn you pain into the most powerful productive personal growth. I feel Without this happening I wouldn't have grown to the extent I have. It teaches you your patterns and how to become conscious of the unconscious messages you had. 

i am in the process of filing "annulment" with good cause because we lived in different countries. thank you for the great tip. i am gonna order it from Amazon. she made me felt like a "millionaire" despite the fact that i am not...so sad to see i leave her but it is my choosing...but thanks for the book!

10 hours ago, Sarah Marie said:

@aurum Actually exactly what you are explaining. It has 5 steps in how to turn you pain into the most powerful productive personal growth. I feel Without this happening I wouldn't have grown to the extent I have. It teaches you your patterns and how to become conscious of the unconscious messages you had. 

Man, I should have written a book! xD

That sounds awesome though. I'd love to check it out.

On 28 September 2016 at 11:06 AM, Sarah Marie said:

Hi all,

I am going through a divorce and have been studying a lot about relationships. I remember once in a video (?) Leo said "I think relationships are great if you know how to do them." Ya, now I understand what he was talking about. :D

Anyways, I found a book worth sharing if y'all are going through a divorce or hard breakup. It's called conscious uncopling and has completely changed the way my ex husband and I went through our divorce. 

Has anyone else done this? If so what did you think? 

My partner and I are doing it but without the book. It's been a very difficult journey and very painful but also enlightening.  I might look into the book to get some more help. We are both very determined to continue being friends and do everything with respect, grace and love.

Wisdom is settling in and experiencing reality in the moment.