Someone here

How to overcome solipsism?

80 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

Until such time...and until such time is not quite correct because time is imaginary from the Absolute perspective so here is where words break down...but until such time when i actually take or start imagining your POV - or play your character- In which case I would stop being this POV and i would completely and totally be YOU!!!  Then I would be you - (or God in your form) asking these same questions and wondering if my present moment is the only one....in which it would be!!!   

But why can't both happen Instantly? At the same timepiece

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

21 hours ago, Javfly33 said:

@Carl-Richard of course, if you are interested in framing and practicality.

But i am interested in Truth

@Lyubov What you are missing is that both dreams are dreamed by your mind.

I actually yesterday in nights dream smoked DMT and realized the dream was as real as "material reality". Tada! That's no difference. Both are dreams 

There is no difference between a dream and waking world as experienced.. But how do you know they are generated in the same way? 

my mind is gone to a better place.  I'm elevated ..going out of space . And I'm gone .

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

How cute! You can do the same thing in a dream.. 

Has nothing to do with "trust".. You can trust a dream character to the fullest. That doesn't change the fact that it's just a dream character 

this says more about you and the distrusting narrative your mind is creating than it does about actual direct experience and discernment. go outside and start interacting with more seekers in person. try what I told you and see what thoughts and sensations arise. you'll get over your hermit delusions. 

Edited by Lyubov

@Lyubov appreciate your pov on the subject although you clearly are ignorant and have no clue or interest to inquire deeply. It's presented how the same thing happens in your dreams and that does not mean your dream mom is real. 

Just now, Someone here said:

@Lyubov appreciate your pov on the subject although you clearly are ignorant and have no clue or interest to inquire deeply. It's presented how the same thing happens in your dreams and that does not mean your dream mom is real. 

you're attached to a narrative trying to prove a point to yourself rather than trying to overcome solipsism like the question you asked. I gave you some exercises on how to overcome solipsism and find out what's true from the reference point of your question. you don't have to try it if you don't want to. 

@Lyubov lol bruh asking someone if they are conscious doesn't mean they are conscious if they affirm. THE SAME THING HAPPENS IN A DREAM. Your exercise doesn't qualify as evidence against solipsism. 

On 1/5/2021 at 7:07 PM, Someone here said:

Sorry if this is a broken record or a repeated subject. I know it has been discussed a lot here but I know also that no satisfactory answer was given by anyone. 

So without picking on duality of subject vs object. "you" and "the world".. 

Let's just put it this way... ...

All you have is your subjective experience. In your experience there are other people who appear to have experience of their own. Period.  You don't have an experience of whether they actually have an experience. 

Here's the thing.. When you dream at night.. The entire dream world appears EXACTLY as the so called "waking world". You see other people that also appear to have their own dream. But as soon as you wake up.. You discover that it was only your dream. Other people were dreamt by you.   Now the question is how can one ever be certain that this is not the case with the waking world? It seems like an utter impossible absurdity to know that for certain.  Ofcourse you still deal with people from the assumption that they are aware independently and not just dreamt by you... But that's also the case in your dreams. So.. All pragmatism aside.. What is the TRUTH about this thing?? 

What seems to be the other option is there being a split in the present moment where God is living two different dreams simultaneously.. It certainly is possible. And that might explain why there is no conscious control over the world. But then again the same thing applies to your dreams. You don't have control over them from the inside even tho they are your creation. So which one is it? And how is it known? 

Lol your back to this one.  What is a satisfactory answer to anything?  If solipsism seems satisfactory for you, so be it, it doesn't mean it is or proves any possible objectivity. 

Christians are very satisfied with their views of the bible, and see your not agreeing as just as ridiculous as you see others not seeing how unprovable or satisfactory solipsism is.

@Someone here Jed Mckenna describes solipsism as the killer of philosophy. Since it shows that philosophy can never rise above speculation in the search for truth. 

Edited by lmfao

Hark ye yet again — the little lower layer. All visible objects, man, are but as pasteboard masks. But in each event — in the living act, the undoubted deed — there, some unknown but still reasoning thing puts forth the mouldings of its features from behind the unreasoning mask. If man will strike, strike through the mask! How can the prisoner reach outside except by thrusting through the wall? To me, the white whale is that wall, shoved near to me. Sometimes I think there's naught beyond. But 'tis enough.

14 hours ago, Someone here said:

But why can't both happen Instantly? At the same timepiece

You need to actually live through each possibility so it can be actualized for You.

now of course raw infinity is pure potential and in that state everything has happened and is happening and also nothing has happened is happening :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

It's unresolvable unfortunately.  

There is indeed nothing but my subjective experience. A knowledge about something outside of it is impossible by defintion. 

Who is there other than me in a dream? 

How is this reality different? 

This shit's tough lol. 

All that's certain is an awareness of a subjective experience that contains seemingly "other things".

Beyond that I don't know jack shit. 

@Someone here

Who is asking?

&

Who doesn't know?

What is that?

“Everything is honoured, but nothing matters.” — Eckhart Tolle.

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

5 minutes ago, Someone here said:

It's unresolvable unfortunately.  

There is indeed nothing but my subjective experience. A knowledge about something outside of it is impossible by defintion. 

Who is there other than me in a dream? 

How is this reality different? 

This shit's tough lol. 

All that's certain is an awareness of a subjective experience that contains seemingly "other things".

Beyond that I don't know jack shit. 

Welcome to Godhood. :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 hours ago, Inliytened1 said:

now of course raw infinity is pure potential and in that state everything has happened and is happening and also nothing has happened is happening 

Pure potential exactly.  Break down the atoms that make up the universe and you get waves of energy.. Break down the energy you get possibility field.. Pure potential. But does it have any identity other then bring an unknown source?  What is it? where Is it how is it why is it when is it? Lol 

I'm considering taking a break from this path. My mind is flying apart lol 

10 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

@Someone here

Who is asking?

&

Who doesn't know?

What is that?

No one. 

Just now, Someone here said:

No one. 

Exactly just thoughts running rampid ?

"I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens. I've been knocking from the inside." -- Rumi

11 minutes ago, VeganAwake said:

Exactly just thoughts running rampid ?

Yeah need stop giving meaning to thoughts. 

3 minutes ago, Someone here said:

Yeah need stop giving meaning to thoughts. 

And notice that's just another thought. A futile attempt to not give meaning to thought.

Just Be watchful of the thoughts

Empty Glass be the neutral watcher

If any of you guys have watched and liked  this video..

Starting from minute 46.. Leo just went into a total solipsism mode..(there is no other people or other places. There is no history or universe etc etc.. And YOU are literally the only one out there).  I wanna know what is he getting at here lol... So does that mean that you Leo doesn't exist? Lol so I can run the website now? Lol.... Not being sarcastic here he literally said I'm the only being out there... Like literally ME ?.... I think Leo needs to reconsider his teachings lol 

50 minutes ago, Someone here said:

If any of you guys have watched and liked  this video..

Starting from minute 46.. Leo just went into a total solipsism mode..(there is no other people or other places. There is no history or universe etc etc.. And YOU are literally the only one out there).  I wanna know what is he getting at here lol... So does that mean that you Leo doesn't exist? Lol so I can run the website now? Lol.... Not being sarcastic here he literally said I'm the only being out there... Like literally ME ?.... I think Leo needs to reconsider his teachings lol 

Bro, absolute vs. relative statements.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.