Shanmugam

How did this Forum help you/ How is it helping you?

5 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I am Shanmugam, a long time member here; I was posting a lot a couple of years before and took a break from all forums for a long time. I am now divorced and not employed anywhere.

I went through an initial awakening in 2002; After 12 years of seeking, I went through a drastic transformation that completely changed the way I experience life. It ended my psychological suffering and removed duality from my conscious experience. I then ended up building a blog, Youtube channel and writing a couple of books, :) 

I survive with book royalties and donations alone, and I have more time to spend in making content to help seekers. I am trying to make my Youtube channel as a platform for seekers to connect, share their experience and get help for free.

I want to recommend this forum in a new Youtube video in my channel as I have found this forum to be more user friendly and active among the spiritual forums in general. Please share how this forum has helped you. The content of the video will be based on your honest replies; this will also help other users here to know how they can make the most of this forum for their seeking and personal growth.

Here is the link to my channel if you want to subscribe: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

5 hours ago, Shanmugam said:

I am now divorced

Would you marry again?

It has helped me with insights expectedly and unexpectedly. It has helped me confirm some stuff and ground some of my realizations that I share. I will probably need to let go of this forum some day but that day isn't yet here 

@Shanmugam Back when I was starting my spiritual practice, this place kept me motivated to carry on my practice. I would say 80% entertainment and 20% learning.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie