Hotaka

Relationship between Atman, Brahman, Shiva and Kali

3 posts in this topic

What is the relationship between these four entities or principles?

This is how I see it, from the observations I have made in recent days.

Well, let's start with Atman.

Atman is the One without the Other, and thus it is the Other, and All that exists.

The Atman is the Soul or Jiva at the Centre of the Universe and everything that exists.

Shiva cannot be in the Centre, because he is the space in which the Centre exists.

Kali is what works around it (the Centre), and is thus One with the Center just as Shiva is.

Shiva is the space, Kali is the energy.

Atman is both.

Atman is the only being or entity that can be both Shiva and Kali at the same time.

Atman
Shiva ---> I <--- Kali

Shiva and Kali can play around together and be One, switch roles etc, but they cannot impersonate a single form as one without being One with the Atman.

The Atman is the Center of every point of space. If you were to imagine the whole fabric of the universe and all dimensions possible (infinity), as being composed of infinitely many dots, infinitely close together, then you would have the understanding that the Atman is at the centre of every single one of those dots.

Where does the Atman's Shakti come from?

Not Shiva, not Kali.

Atman is Shakti and Shiva at the same time, so Atman created Shiva and Shakti, and Kali as a result.

Kali is awakened Shakti.

The Shakti that Shiva has given to Her.

It is her, because she is energy.

She needs Shiva to move Her.

She is Shakti that is intelligent and able to communicate with relationship.

Shiva is what can move control and harness Shakti in whatever way He wants, and thus he is able to control the Shakti and feed it to Kali, who will use it to bring justice to the universe.

Brahman is all that is, without a center, and thus nothingness like Shiva.

The only difference between Brahman and Shiva is that Brahman cannot be impersonated by anyone or anything, while Shiva can.

I hope this helps anyone trying to understand.

Yet I am sure this is still a work in progress, so please share any of your observations or insights.

I encourage you to do so

Om Tat Sat

I see Atman as more for the word for the little self or ego. Because Atman literally means self. I see GOD or big Self as Parmatman(which literally means Supreme Self). Shiva I see as Nothingness that permeates all. And Kali as the dance of this nothingness, all these sensations and feelings. I see them as one. And that oneness is what I call Parmatman. And that there is no Atman, or ego to begin with. That's my semantics and understanding for you.

4 hours ago, Swarnim said:

I see Atman as more for the word for the little self or ego. Because Atman literally means self. I see GOD or big Self as Parmatman(which literally means Supreme Self). Shiva I see as Nothingness that permeates all. And Kali as the dance of this nothingness, all these sensations and feelings. I see them as one. And that oneness is what I call Parmatman. And that there is no Atman, or ego to begin with. That's my semantics and understanding for you.

@Swarnim

Thank you Swarnim

Very insightful

It's not just semantics

It is real