levani

Leo, question about fear/meditation

13 posts in this topic

If all fear is imaginary and all fear is a thought, then how come in your dark side of meditation video you said that entities and Demons and Angels and large insects and stuff can come and haunt you whilst you meditate ?

This is the only thing that's keeping me back from meditating which I really want to start doing, but this "paranormal" shit scares the life out of me...

Notice that, THAT right there is imagination.

You have a certain idea of paranormal that has a negative meaning to it. What you firmly believe will become your reality.

Meditation is all about facing your own “inner” demons/fears and watching them like clouds in the sky. 

Notice that you are suffering from imagination right now and as a consequence, it is preventing you (or shall I say, you are preventing yourself) from waking up to truth. That is the whole game is that you are playing chess against your ego. Your ego doesn’t want to meditate and will use fear to avoid life to preserve itself.

Fear becomes your prisoner if you let it.

The good news is that you are capable of doing anything you put your mind to. Just notice when the mind is imagining fear and keep going through life. Courage is being afraid of something and doing it anyways.

let me know if this helped.

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed it helped for sure but it didn't answer my question

in that video that I mentioned she clearly said that these paranormal exorcist things and demons and large insects and shit could actualize into "reality" and that would really traumatise me i think

Meditation is a spiritual purification process. As you do it rigorously for years, the evil within you will slowly get purified. This process takes a lot of time.

Fear being imaginary is the ultimate culmination of the spiritual purification process. It will take you a lot of work to reach that point. And to reach that point you'll be forced to confront your deepest fears, including the fear of death, insanity, torture, and whatever supernatural forces you fear.

If you fear demons then you must face that fear and realize it is an illusion -- not the demons, but your fear of them.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

3 hours ago, levani said:

in that video that I mentioned she clearly said that these paranormal exorcist things and demons and large insects and shit could actualize into "reality" and that would really traumatise me i think

Here’s a meditation for you. Whenever you are afraid, try to see what it is that is afraid.

For instance, You say you would be traumatized if demons or insects were present. The question is who is being traumatized. 

You can use fear or whatever your feeling as an object of meditation. Be sure though that you aren’t being stupid about it. Start off with something small such as the fear of darkness. Go in their and really observe your fear out of curiosity and notice the fearer of the fear. 

Realize what fear is and what fear is for. Who or what is it that the fear is for? 

Another thing is that if you do feel fear, realize the positives of fear. Fear makes you more alert, more focused. Fear can lead to peak performances (not always). 

Laziness comes from being comfortable with comfort and avoiding discomfort. But just know that fear can be okay if used right. Just like laziness and other ego mechanisms.

Contemplate them. Use fear as a contemplation. The truth is that unless you have had a paranormal experience, you don’t really know if it exists. It is just another belief.

Deep down, there seems to be a belief when you are in fear. It is attached to identity. See Leo’s video on fear.

Also try loving kindness meditation.

I have been meditating for 2 years and it is awesome. Good luck with your adventure.

Edited by r0ckyreed

“Our most valuable resource is not time, but rather it is consciousness itself. Consciousness is the basis for everything, and without it, there could be no time and no resource possible. It is only through consciousness and its cultivation that one’s passions, one’s focus, one’s curiosity, one’s time, and one’s capacity to love can be actualized and lived to the fullest.” - r0ckyreed

I've had some crazy stuff including some of my deepest, longest standing fears bubble up for me to "see" but it seemed more like an amazing reunion, understanding and embrace, rather than a horrific sort of thing. Hilarious that I never saw it before when it was right under my nose, blissful, moving to tears, healing. It's only when I try to explain it to others that it sounds scary or crazy. There can be times before the understanding or release happens when it comes in your awareness stronger and stronger and starts to bother you. It's a little like removing a splinter... you irritate it to remove it, but once it's out it's instant relief. You wouldn't regret the decision to go about removing a splinter would you? 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@mandyjw @r0ckyreed @Leo Gura

so what you guys are saying is I would have to face the fear of the imagination / thought and it would not actually come into reality before my eyes ?

Well, let’s put it this way, what is going to happen if you let fear dictate your life?

Look at 99% of people. Their fear controls them and this fear has led people to avoid life, start wars, etc.

The 1% are more aware of fear when or if it arises. You can’t have fear if you have no ego. 

The bottom line is that if you aren’t able to confront and face your fears, they will continue to dominate your life. I believe this is the heart of spiritual work. You have to surrender your entire life to this work. This work isn’t for everyone. Ultimately, the choice is yours. 

Edited by r0ckyreed

@r0ckyreed Thank you very much for replying bro I really appreciate you taking your time. I understand what you are saying, however that still doesn't answer my question.

I understand I have to confront the fear, but does that it will transcend from my imagination into this/"real" life ?

would the actual object that scared me come into real life or would just the fear of the object coming to real life ?

I think currently at my stage of development and psychology I am doing this work to improve my life and you make it sound like in order for me to improve my life I would have to give up my life and to get rid of it forever henceforth today, I understand this is my ego, however I think the best thing for me right now is to just use self-help and not to dive too deep into spirituality because my intuition is telling me that I am not completely ready for it

but this does not mean that do not want to improve it by meditating

I still want to raise my consciousness and awareness and get rid of my addictions fears and neurosis that is the reason why I want to meditate but I can't have Demons and deities coming into my life and ruining my place of work and my friendships and my relationships with family and even my time alone.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I want to overcome the fear but I do not want these things/demons to haunt me afterwards

@mandyjw

7 hours ago, r0ckyreed said:

For instance, You say you would be traumatized if demons or insects were present. The question is who is being traumatized. 

the low consciousness me ? i am not so far in this work to make a connection between self and other

3 hours ago, levani said:

@mandyjw @r0ckyreed @Leo Gura

so what you guys are saying is I would have to face the fear of the imagination / thought and it would not actually come into reality before my eyes ?

That's the whole problem, you are fearing right now when asking this. Be it a real demon or an imagination, there is fear in you. So that fear we are talking about. You wouldn't be asking if they are actually gonna come in or not if you worked on your fear. Because it won' matter if they do actually come.

@Swarnim I understand it is not the object that I should be worried about but rather the fear of the object but that still doesn't answer my question

Again I understand that I am fearful of it and I understand that that is the problem but me working on my fear and me overcoming my fear is utterly different

Edited by levani

Furthermore I don't see it as fear I see it as a precaution for my main life which supports my finances and somewhat necessary relationships and other stuff

if that makes sense