Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BakeJeyner

You are going to be ok: surviving the dark night of the soul.

1 post in this topic

Most of us have experienced hopeless despair at one point in our lives. That feeling like everything is wrong and nothing is ok. That feeling like your spirit is writhing. The feeling like wanting it all to end. That feeling that leads to suicide.

As someone who's been going through my worst crisis yet this past couple of days, I noticed that the words that resonated with me the most with was "you are going to be ok". For whatever reason, those were the only words that could touch my soul. Even though I believed and convinced myself I was doomed without hope, I knew deep inside me that ultimately everything had to be ok. And I needed to hear that.

I think people would love to have a video that they could lean on when visiting this dark place. When I was trying to find YouTube videos to help me cope, I didn't find them very helpful: they would just say "oh it sucks, just surrender to and accept it". Instead, hearing it's going to be ok and having that state of despair deeply explained from someone that is provenly well versed in reality, conciousness, and truth like Leo might be the ever so important light at the end of the tunnel. The most basic truth you can stand on in the free fall of despair.

Video format/talking point suggestions:

It could start off very honestly, intimately, compassionately, and simply. To let us know, without a doubt, no matter what, that everything is going to be ok. That you KNOW everything will ultimately be ok. That everything HAS to be ok. And that you will be ok.

Next you could go into what that feeling of hopeless despair is, what causes it, what helps it, and what you can do right here right now about it. (what I found that helped me the most was disidentifying with my thoughts and being in the present moment, but that's just me) (also you can throw in that stereotypical "the worst times in your life can be the most transforming")

The video could then end with a guided exercise to facilitate a sense of okness for the viewer.

This video could be a nice change of pace from the super theoretical videos to a very intimate, compassionate, and potentially life saving video, while still throwing in some great insights.

We love our theories, but sometimes we just need some help. Sometimes we just need to know it will all be ok.

Edited by BakeJeyner