Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stevegan928

Academic Fields That Translate Well To Spirituality

7 posts in this topic

there are 2 videos that got me interested in this that i'm too lazy to link but one if from @Leo Gura the other is from @Emerald Wilkins

Leo was talking about language and how it's just sounds and symbols we ascribe meaning to. The Diamond Net talked about how when she was learning how to draw she had to look at things as they truly are in her perception which for all of us is actually 2 dimensional.

I realize anything can translate well to spirituality from the right perspective but i'm just wondering if any of you know of fields that you think would naturally translate well. other than the ones mentioned (visual arts and linguistics).

this is just something i'm curious about.   

i'm also curious if you'd agree that linguistics translates well, what specific parts? do you think it would be better to know how to speak multiple languages or have a broad understand of linguistics as a whole? 

On September 22, 2016 at 9:07 PM, stevegan928 said:

i'm also curious if you'd agree that linguistics translates well, what specific parts? do you think it would be better to know how to speak multiple languages or have a broad understand of linguistics as a whole? 

I would imagine that any field that helps you separate the experience of something from your conception/symbolic understanding of that something  would be helpful. So, learning to play music by ear could be one. Also, wine tasting is another. Then, if  you've ever seen the movie "Le Parfum" the main characters olfactory abilities reminded me of the same type of thing. Basically, anything that immerses you into the sensory experience of reality that requires you to leave your pre-conceived notions out of it. 

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.

Philosophy, mathematics, nuclear physics, trans-personal psychology, linguistics/semantics/semoitics, comparative religion.

Although you'll have to be very picky within those. Lots of anti-enlightenment dogma in each of those fields.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

On 9/23/2016 at 6:29 PM, Emerald Wilkins said:

learning to play music by ear

so is that like when you hear a song and try to learn to play in without looking up the sheets/tabs or whatever? or simply learning to play music on your own with no formal teaching? 

i don't play any instruments but when i mess around on the keyboard i go into sort of a flow state as i try to play a melody and then improve my timing and/or speed. same with the guitar. 

12 hours ago, stevegan928 said:

so is that like when you hear a song and try to learn to play in without looking up the sheets/tabs or whatever? or simply learning to play music on your own with no formal teaching? 

i don't play any instruments but when i mess around on the keyboard i go into sort of a flow state as i try to play a melody and then improve my timing and/or speed. same with the guitar. 

I mean to listen to a song and learn to play it without a tab or sheet music. :)

Are you struggling with self-sabotage and CONSTANTLY standing in the way of your own success? 

If so, and if you're looking for an experienced coach to help you discover and resolve the root of the issue, you can click this link to schedule a free discovery call with me to see if my program is a good fit for you.