Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gabith

Various techniques for consciousness

15 posts in this topic

Hi, I watched a lot of videos of Leo, it's very interesting.

I want to take at least 1 hour everyday to increase my consciousness level.

I wanted to ask you guys what is the best ways to spend 1 hour to increase my consciousness (meditation and other techniques)

If you say "just meditate" I'll go for it, but I wanted to know if I will get more results with various technique

What technique would you go for if you were told to "just meditate"? 
Mindfulness can be a really good one to start with.
I would say try not to get caught up on knowing too many techniques right now, but study ones that seem intersting to you and then pick one to really focus on for awhile. Most egos love to get obsessed over knowing a bunch of different techniques and trying to combine them, but that can get really confusing and unhelpful fast. 

Edited by OctagonOctopus

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

For a start I found meditation with Labelling to be a great first step and then transitioning to do nothing method as a second. Leo has videos on both.

Sit and try to focus on the fact that youre alive or the is-ness of reality. Sounds silly until you start feeling yourself losing your mind in mystery. :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

4 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Sit and try to focus on the fact that youre alive or the is-ness of reality. Sounds silly until you start feeling yourself losing your mind in mystery. :D

I medidated for four months now (but only 10 to 20 minutes per day) and I had two moments when I was deep, it was great feelings, I don't know how to describe but never felt like this before and sure was better than sex or others materialistic pleasures.. but my thoughts were coming up like "oh what's happening" and I was left with a low consciousness state again haha

I hope I will get good results if I stick with 1 hour a day !

17 minutes ago, OctagonOctopus said:

What technique would you go for if you were told to "just meditate"? 
Mindfulness can be a really good one to start with.
I would say try not to get caught up on knowing too many techniques right now, but study ones that seem intersting to you and then pick one to really focus on for awhile. Most egos love to get obsessed over knowing a bunch of different techniques and trying to combine them, but that can get really confusing and unhelpful fast. 

I would go for the "do nothing" technique, that's what I did for 4 months (I just sit with my back straight, eyes closed and I do nothing for 10 to 20 minutes) sometimes my mind shut down for few seconds, and sometimes it's hard to stop thinking but I go throught it anyway.

I call this meditation I don't know if I'm right or not ?

@Gabith

Do Nothing is a good one to have under your belt, the non-technique technique. 
Are you trying to stop the thinking, or are you doing nothing? 

The how is what you build, the why is in your heart. 

Shamanic Breathing. Here's what to expect after 100 consecutive days:

Very inspiring I will include that technique! Like 5 to 30 minutes with 30 minutes of meditation practice

Consciousness is made of love for God is Love (even the Bible says so). So just love yourself and everyone!

Edited by hyruga

45m to 1h meditation a day, trying to stay mindful during daily activities & shaktipath. There's a channel named "SIDDHANTA YOGA" on YT. I'd recommend watching transmission number 3 once a day, the video is 3 minutes long. 

And maybe read one book about awakening, spirituality etc. once a month.

If you do it right your daily AVERAGE would be about an hour.

If has to take exactly 1 hour every day then choose between meditation or shamanic breathing.

Edited by Michal__

Ask yourself what it is that you are REALLY looking for. Be intense as you can about it.

Notice that almost every answer is your mind's way of saying "more". Be honest about it.

Realize that it's a mind trick. Be clear about it,

Work your way backwards.... until you take that last step.

It's a doozy.

When/if it happens, it will be the first taste of being awake, but the mind will grasp at the emptiness like never before....pulling you back into the dream, lulling your sense of being back to sleep.

@SirVladimir  Hey I did my first shamanic breathing this morning for 15 minutes and wow... Time flies it felt like 5 minutes

I had two scraps of forgotten memories of my childhood, I didnt expect to have something at my first session!

I will go for 20 minutes tomorrow :) Right after the session, I felt very relaxed and calm ! Thank you

12 hours ago, OctagonOctopus said:

Edited by Gabith

13 minutes ago, Gabith said:

@SirVladimir  Hey I did my first shamanic breathing this morning for 15 minutes and wow... Time flies it felt like 5 minutes

That's a good sign. If you are looking to do an entire hour of consciousness work daily, I recommend building up to 30 minutes of breathwork and then 30 minutes of integration/meditation. Take inspiration from my thread if needed.